I am not much good at waiting once I decide something. Down it came and I tore everything off of the letter down to the paper layer, I scraped off glue dots, and got it as flat as I could make it.
I used some yellow paper from Stampin Up and recovered that C. I trimmed the edges, filed them down with an emery-board, and inked the edges with Antique Linnen distress ink. Now I had a blank slate. I got out my Hero Arts Typewritten Letters, and began to place letters along the edge. I placed them until I had no more letters, then stamped them with Versafine Vintage Sepia. I cleaned the letters and continued with my placement and stamping until it was done.
The periods were tricky, I had to use an exclamation point, and make sure the dash got no ink. I added some recollection flowers, because I love flowers, and put pearls in the center to finish them off. And here you have it my new "C". Much improved I think, though hubs misses the greens and blues.
Have a good week!