Monday, August 3, 2026

08-03-26

 Hi there...

Its been ages since I played along with Color Hues, so I was determined to do it today.


Mostly Stampin Up stuff...A round of Hellos stamp set. Paper-Every Day Happiness, Night of Navy and Hammermill, Inks-Night of Navy and Lost Lagoon. I could swear I had the round punch that went with this set but its hiding...no worries a pink fresh circle die worked just as nicely. One random teal gem to tie the flower to the stem and leaves. It takes me longer these days to make a card.  I used to whip em out in less than an hour.  Gotta make more cards and get that muscle memory back. This took an hour and a half...of course there were the usual design changes...lol.

  

Thanks so very much for visiting. 

13 comments:

Jeanne H said...

Love this card!

Karen said...

What a great design for a two color challenge! I love that floral image in the circle and the patterned paper makes a great background. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

TK said...

This is a pretty use of the colors for CH! I do love them both together, and your pretty card used them wisely.
An hour and a half? Wow! You're fast! lol

Marcia Hill said...

What a sweet Hello card Cat! You used our challenge colors perfectly and we're so glad you played along with us! And FYI...I'm getting slower at making cards too! It can't be our age, can it??!! Haha!! Hugs. :0)

I Card Everyone said...

I see a tulip, Cat!! SOOO pretty in these challenge colors!
Oh, I hear you...These days it takes me just as long to make design choices as it does to make the card! It's okay - as long as we're still having fun!
=]

Leslie Miller said...

An hour and a half would probably be a quick card for me... almost. I always say "the more I make, the more I make", so I do believe in the card making muscle memory. I love this design and the pretty stamp with these colors. You did a beautiful job on it!

Bonnie said...

What a perfect way to use these colors, Cat! I love the teal checks and the pretty flower with the single gem! Thanks for sharing this with us at Color Hues! (I do everything slower these days.)

Jean said...

Lovely combo of elements! I hear you on the muscle memory.

Lisa Elton said...

What a delightful take on the colors! Terrific card, Cat!

Greta said...

Beautiful way to use the color combo! Even when I'm making cards every day, they take me a long time. Probably why I almost never do things like fancy folds. I'd only get one card made in a week! But slow or not, it brings me joy.

Loll said...

Very pretty card using the challenge colours, Cat!! xx

Nancy said...

Cat, I was delighted to see you back in our gallery! Great card! I especially love the circular sentiment. I hope to see you again soon at Color Hues, take care!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous take on the navy/teal combo with that stamped flower and gingham, Cat!!