Monday, July 29, 2024

07-29-24

 Hello-

July has been quite hot and humid and I struggle with both. There were few visits to the craft room this month.

 When I got my foiling machine I bought quite a few plates and sentiment sets.  One plate was the Spellbinders Anemone...not realizing I had the die as well already.  So I ended up gifting it to the lovely Hilary of the blog Fiddling About.   

Since we had a similar image we decided to each make a card and post it using the Anemone...me the die and Hilary the foil version. 


I started with some gold foil paper to cute the die, and then cut it again with some berry burst SU card-stock inorder to inlay the color pieces. I used a marker to color the center pieces black.

I used the WRMK sticky folio to get minuscule glue dots onto the gold diecut.  I promptly laid it down onto a card front, turned it over burnished it real well then discovered it was put backwards onto the card.  GROAN... So, following my rule to try never to toss a card, I used the shadow die to cut it out of the card base and was able to pop it up with dimensionals onto the front of another card base...so all in all a happy accident. 

A foiled sentiment also from Spellbinders was added to the front and the card is complete.  

Now please go pop over to Fiddling About and she what is sure to be a lovely creation from Hilary.

Thanks for visiting.

9 comments:

HilaryJane said...

Cat this is beautiful and what a great save. I love how you have made it look like it is foiled by using foiled card. Such a great idea to get the look without all the foiling machine hassle. Thanks so much for your thoughtful gift and all your support and inspiration. It is going to be hot here today and I am going out for a walk with a friend. Hope we manage to take it slow and keep our cool xx

Marcia Hill said...

So glad you persevered with this card Cat as it turned out absolutely GORGEOUS! What a beautiful image to start with and it looks just perfect with the gold foil and berry burst cardstocks! LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow, Cat - the inlaying looks amazing!! Well worth the effort you spent!! Stay cool...

Jean said...

An absolutely stunning take with those products!

I Card Everyone said...

You two make a great team, Cat! And I commend you for making it all work - beautifully!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

This turned out beautifully, Cat! Fabulous card!

papierelle said...

Wow, jsut beautiful and it looks so noble!!

TK said...

Gorgeous, and a great save indeed! It's beautiful, Cat

Bonnie said...

Gorgeous flowers that turned out perfectly! Sometimes the best laid plans turn into something better!