Wednesday, August 2, 2023

08-02-23

 Hello-

I had been staying in the cooler part of the house and avoiding any hint of heat and humidity upstairs. My crafty space has gotten lonely. So as its cooler this week...

I've been in to straighten and play a bit. Still working on that bid of stuff that has forever seemed not to go down. Fortunately several of my favorite stamp companies have not been tickling my fancy of late...it might just be that bin of stuff that had dampened my appetite.

Today's card uses a Penny Black stamp (Unique) that is at least 6-9 months old in my stash. I love the loose lines and when its colored with very bright and florescent copics it makes a statement. 


The sentiment die is from Stampin Up and is mounted on a vellum shadow. The card base has an embossed panel for a bit more texture. (Thanks Michele for the envie full of panels!)

I didn't have good light photographing, but it had to be mailed quickly for a bloggy friend.

The card is going to visit If you Give a Crafter a Cookie which is calling for Neons.

Thanks so very much for visiting.


13 comments:

Jeanne H said...

I would feel better quickly by getting your wonderful card. Good thing I am not sick, though. TFS

HilaryJane said...

It certainly does make a statement, I love it. I am glad it is cooler for you at the moment. It just keeps raining here, but I did manage to visit a flower show and not get wet. It rained all the way there and all the way home, but was dry while I was there - result! xx

Betty said...

so pretty - great CAS card!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous bright pinks with the wine colored sentiment diecut, Cat - love it all atop the soft embossed background too!!

Jean said...

A wonderful combination of elements!

Bonnie said...

Such a pretty stamp and bright, pretty colors, Cat! It's sure to make someone feel better!

Lisa Elton said...

Ohhh, what pretty flowers! Love this, cat!

papierelle said...

Your flowers looks so real, pretty card!!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, a beautiful stamp and that neon Copic color is incredible. I don't know how you did it, but it appears watercolored. Love how it backs up the large die cut sentiment. I'm glad you were able to get to your stamp room. My stamp basket is getting whittled down, but the dies are too numerous to count.

I Card Everyone said...

Cat, until today, I never would have imagined buying those neon Copic colors! WOW is this a gorgeous pink - perfect for your darling blooms!
Anytime, my friend - I have a million of them!
=]

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful card!!! Thanks so much for participating in my IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

TK said...

Gorgeous colors! Love the artsy flower atop the panel.

As a side note, if you have a window in the upstairs (but no air conditioning), leave a window open slightly and put a fan in the window that blows out (block any open portion of the window if possible) -- it will pull the cool air through your house and into the room while pushing hot air out. We use this trick a lot (older house).

Greta said...

Your coloring is amazing & it makes a gorgeous statement! It has brightened my days ever since I put it on display across from my recliner! Thank you, dear friend!