Monday, November 21, 2022

11/21/22

 Happy Monday...

Of Thanksgiving week here in the USA.  Today I play...then the chores and Wednesday the deserts. Pumpkin pie for hubs, and pineapple upside down cake for me. Since we are each not fond of the other's dessert there'll be no poaching or plate envy.

So on to my cards. I loved this simple tree stamp from MFT, along with several sentiments.  

I started with a red panel and added distress inks in barn door and fired brick to the edges. The white cardbase was sparkled up with some gold embossing to match the tree.  This will go to visit the gallery at CAS on Friday-Sparkle.

I also made a second card using some two sided paper from Stampin Up. I cut the small rectangle from inside the sheet on the opposite side. Heat embossed the image and then plopped it back into the sheet using the other side to provide a frame.  Its not quite CAS, but I am sharing it in this post but not at the gallery.

I may make a few more of these with the other paper colors.  Thanks so much for stopping by.


13 comments:

HilaryJane said...

What a good idea to have your own dessert, love it. I also love that tree stamp, so stylish and classy, you should definitely make lots xx

Jean said...

Two terrific takes with the tree stamp!

Lisa Elton said...

I think they're both CAS and fantastic too!

papierelle said...

Wow!!! So simple, so beautiful!!!

Marcia Hill said...

They're both beautiful Cat but I'm especially drawn to the red one! Enjoy that pineapple upside down cake...sounds wonderful!! :0)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a fab tree stamp and I love both versions, Cat! I'm partial to the black one, though, gorgeous papers with it!!

I Card Everyone said...

You've taken that 'simple tree' and elevated it by the way you've featured it, Cat! Both gorgeous!
Happy Thanksgiving, to you both!
=]

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, Cat, I love love these two cards! I've long been a fan of red and gold, but in recent years I've been totally won over by gold and black. Just look how striking! Brilliant use of the pretty paper. Definitely next level!

Leslie Miller said...

ps: I meant to say Happy Thanksgiving. We always have two pies -- cherry and pumpkin. I'm the pumpkin with whipped cream gal. Yum. Enjoy!

Bonnie said...

Two classy trees, Cat! I love both backgrounds! Happy Thanksgiving!

TK said...

Two cute and CAS cards, great shimmer with the golden tree. As for those desserts? I'll take a slice of both -- pumpkin pie is such a classic but pineapple upside down cake is a life-long fave!

Valérie said...

They are both beautiful! I love the gold embossed tree. Thank you for sharing your creation at CAS on Friday.

Greta said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards, Cat! That is such a neat image!