Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Hello

Hi there-

I'm still forcing the mojo...this one felt a little better as for creative flow.  It took me about 2 hours when normally it would take half that time.  I rarely spend more than an hour on a card; that is my attention span and my patience limit. Sometimes it shows and sometimes it doesn't.

Another stamp set out of my NBUS bin, though it is a 2 year old stamp WPlus 9's Modern Anomones. The sentiment comes from CTMH.  The inspiration for the card comes from two challenges:  CAS on Friday (black, white and 1 color) and Just Us Girls (square card w/1 square).



I cut my base at 4.25 x 8.5 inches, scored and folded it.  I cut a white square just a bit smaller 4.125" and stamped in pale ink the anemones in the center so I could preserve the remainder for a mat piece.  I colored the blooms no line style with copics.  Then I stamped them again in versamark and white heat embossed them.  Fussy cutting next, and then some leaves were heat embossed on the black square which was cut at 4 inches.  I used an embossing buddy and after the embossing was heat set I used a microfiber cloth to get rid of the white haze the embossing buddy left on the card stock.  I  added the sentiment put the layers together, and added the pearls last.

For your blog  

Thanks for visiting.

13 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, gorgeous! Probably would have taken me more than 2 hrs. I have a habit of sitting and staring in between each step. Isn't it amazing how we buy stamps and they sit unused that long? You're making good progress. You're a kindred spirit, Cat. I'm having a hard time with the mojo, too.

Anita in France said...

Wow, Cat ... so elegant and dramatic! So pleased you explained how you created this beauty ... I'd been staring for ages trying to figure out how you achieved the gorgeous colouring on the black ... now I know! Hugs, Anita :)

papierelle said...

Oh wow, this is so beautiful. It is always amazing how a black background makes the colors glow.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is a stunner!

Betty said...

looks like a winner to me - love the red and black combo!

HilaryJane said...

Don't you just love that rich red colour and the brilliant contrast with the black and white? xx

I Card Everyone said...

Gorgeous Copic coloring, and fabulous card, Cat! WWCD!
=]

TK said...

Really stunning color on black cs, Cat, bravo!

Greta said...

This is a stunner, Cat! You make me want to try using my Copics! Love the white embossed leaves & that you white embossed the flowers after coloring! Winner in my book!

Cécile Ribon said...

Those riche red blooms look fabulous against the black background. Thanks so much for joining us at Just Us Girls this week.

Mac Mable said...

A stunner of a card and I love the colouring and fussy cutting of the beautiful anemones. The black cardstock with the red and white looks amazing. Loving this one Cat x.

Jean said...

Wonderfully dramatic!

Darnell said...

Cat, this took my breath away! My new favorite and a sure winner! It is so lush and elegant! I didn't see this one in the NBUS gallery, but good job using another stamp from your bin!! Take care and keep safe! (You should enter this in the Craft Stamper magazine challenge if it is still open!) Hugs, Darnell