Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Dreams of Paris

Hello-

So, how are you all doing?  One would think with social distancing we'd all have more time to craft and make cards, projects, catch up on scrapbooking, sewing projects etc. I'm having an up and down response to all this. My logical brain tells me to remain calm and just hunker down. This social distancing is not much of a difference from our usual routines. Hubs and I are home-bodies at heart. I need to ration my CNN time I think. It gets me anxious. So on to something much more fun.

So on to another stamp set out of my bin. This one is from Newton's Nook called Newton Dreams of Paris.  The card made was inspired by several challenges - If You Give a Crafter a Cookie Fusion Card Challenge, Inky Paws Challenge.


I stamped the tower first and embossed in gold. It was fussy cut and placed on the cardfront which had been prepared with a strip of gray patterned paper. I added a touch of soft yellow to the tower for it to stand out a bit more.  The three hot air balloons were stamped and colored with the colors from the Inky Paws Challenge. The placement of the tower and the balloons are for the sketch portion of the Fusion Challenge.  And of course the tower itself is for the If you give a crafter a cookie challenge.



    

Thanks so much for stopping by.

15 comments:

Betty said...

fun card, Cat and you got all the challenges in perfectly - and you know how i am about CNN!

Linda Callahan said...

Tres jolie!

Greta said...

What a sweet card, Cat! I'm with you--not a huge difference with my time at home, but not used to the inevitable anxiety attacks which I'm trying to keep at a minimum! Sending hugs, my friend!

Tracey McNeely said...

You would think it would Cat, but I don't seem to have any more time! Very lovely and sweet card.

Leslie Miller said...

Each time you share a new card with a set from the bin I get all excited! I get to see what's in your tub o' stamps, but only one set at a time. It's fun and always interesting! I've never seen a cuter Eiffel Tower. You made this fit perfectly for the challenges, including the sketch!

Carol Cel said...

I love your card -- and will be making one similar. Hubby and I and 2 other couples are sadly canceling our early April flight and then cruise to Europe (includes Paris) . Your card is inspiring me to make cards for the other 2 couples.
And your first paragraph resonates so deeply with me. I feel the same. We are homebodies -- I like being home. But the idea that I shouldn't / can't go out is filling me with deep anxiety. And I don't really think of myself as an anxious person.
I like your idea of turning off the news.
So today is supposed to be a nice day -- I'll go for a walk (6feet apart) with my neighbor (who is now off from work) And then come home and do some "spring cleaning" in my backyard.
Maybe some physical activity and fresh air will be uplifting.
To all -- stay well -- both physically and mentally!!

I Card Everyone said...

Cat, this is adorable... we can dream, can't we? You've depicted two of the very things I dream about doing one day!
It seems many of us are in the same boat: happy to be home, until someone says we CANNOT GO OUT! Not wanting to hear the awful news... can't dare to miss something on the awful news!
Maybe some real chats would help … you have my number! xx
=]

HilaryJane said...

I love the effect of that grey patterned paper and the simplicity of this design. We are very much home bodies in this household too so that in itself is not a hardship it is just all the anxiety round it. I think you have the answer - stop watching the news! xx

Barb Ghig said...

Super cute card, Cat! Your Eiffel Tower and hot air balloons worked perfectly with the sketch and I love your sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion!

Try to hang in there with social distancing...I hate it too but I have a feeling it's going to help with the spread of this nasty virus and in the end, we are going to be OK :)

Jean said...

A cute card that works well for those challenges! Stay safe!

Anita in France said...

Charming and so cute, Cat ... the pp mimics the paving around the real Eiffel Tower beautifully! Stay crafting ... and stay safe! Hugs, Anita :)

TK said...

Playful and fun - what dreams are made of! Nice, Cat

Indy's Designs said...

Wonderful combination of challenges! Darling CAS card! So glad you were inspire by the Inky Paws colors!
Hugs,
Debbie

2sistersproject said...

What a great take on the challenge!
Absolutely love it! Thanks for linking to the Inky Paw's Challenge.
Diane

Deanne Saunders said...

Adorable card!! Thank-you so much for participating in our IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge. Hope to see your beautiful creations in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! So sorry this is late, but with everything going on, I’m just getting around to doing this. Please stay safe and strong during this time.
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper