Tuesday, August 1, 2017

1000th post and an announcement

Hi there!

This is my 1000th post.  It is hard to believe I have made more than 1000 cards in the last 4 years and 10.5 months.  I started blogging September 15th of 2012.  For a bit of nostalgia I pulled together 12 of my favorite cards...some favorites at the time and some favorites now.  Only one of the cards below is still in my collection, all the others were given with love.

My style has definitely changed. My designs have certainly improved with the help of classes and looking at all the  beautiful things my fellow bloggers create.  So on to the photos, each grouping of 4 is labeled below for the time period in which they were created and posted.
2012 and 2013

2014 and 2015

2016 and 2017


So to celebrate a lot of cards and my 5th blog-anniversary on September 15th I'll be giving away 2 gift certificates to an online crafty retailer in the amount of 25.00 each.  All you have to do to be in the running is to comment on as many blog posts between August 1st and September 15th as you like.  Each comment on different blog posts is one entry. If you are new here and you'd like to follow me, that would be great - but not required for the give away.

I am so grateful for the lovely women I have met through this hobby and the friendships that have developed. It is a fantastic community and I am happy to be a part of it.

As always, thank you so very much for stopping by!

9 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Wow! 1000 posts, that is amazing - congrats ! I LOVE the collage above of your favorite cards! How fun that your style has evolved. I really like them all - and it is great that you have given so many away.

Greta said...

A lot of great cards here, Cat, but my favorites are on the shelf where I admire them every day! So, so glad you started blogging 1000 posts ago so we can see your beautiful work. But most of all I'm grateful for your kindness & friendship. Sending hugs, Greta

Dotty Jo said...

Congrats on a big Blogoversary! Your cards always delight and inspire, Jo x

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Isn't it interesting to look back and see how much our styles change and morph over the years! I'm always embarrassed seeing my very early work, and how proud I was of them at the time! By the time I started blogging I thought I had improved some, but still they were nothing like the cards I make today! Thank you for sharing these with us and here's to the next 1000. Have a great day my friend! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Betty said...

it's so fun to see how your style has evolved - love seeing the comparisons - i know my style certainly has - i have a way to go to catch up with 1000 posts tho - that's a lot and always look forward to see what you have done!

Anita in France said...

Congratulations on such an amazing milestone, Cat ... and on your upcoming blog anniversary! How fun to see the changes in your style over the years ... so many great cards ... so many more to come! Hugs, Anita :)

Barb Ghig said...

Congrats on your amazing milestone, Cat! It's been great following your blog through the years and seeing your collection above is a lovely trip down memory lane! I think it is "us" who should be grateful for your inspiration and for your very thoughtful 'Happy Mail' on birthdays, holidays or for no reason at all! You're the best, and I wish you lots of crafty fun for the next 1000 posts!!! Hugs, Barb xo

Jeanne H said...

Big congrats on your achievement of making and sending so many card! I've been following for ages and recognize several of the ones you list as favorites. what fun!

I Card Everyone said...

Now HOW in the world did I miss this fabulous news? Congratulations, Cat! I am not at all surprised at the number of cards you've made - you are as prolific with paper, and you are generous sharing them!! I'm so honored to have so many in my 'from loving friends' box ... keep them coming, sweet friend! xx
=]