Thursday, March 16, 2017

Coral and Blue

As soon as I saw this Penny Black collage stamp, I knew the first colors I would want to use would be a coral/red and an aqua blue, and definitely my copics...it was time for them to come out to play again.



The sentiment strip and butterfly are mounted above the flat panel, they are part of the original stamp, I stamped the lower portion twice so I could raise that up a bit. I admit to stealing that idea from my crafty friend Peggy...she was with me at a crafty gathering when I brought this stamp along...and she mused that it might be fun to fussy cut the butterfly. I put foam dots under the upper wings so that they almost flutter.


This is another predated post while I am on the road. Thanks much for stopping by!

Thanks so much for stopping by..

11 comments:

Lin said...

Gorgeous, Cat! You've really brought this stamp to life!!

Betty said...

this is so different than your usual style and so pretty - love the colors and beautifully done with your copics!!

lostinpaper said...

Such a beautiful stamp and a beautiful card Cat, I've got this one too and have never stamped it as a whole... not sure why now because it's so pretty (as you have shown). thanks again for the inspiration!

Greta said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, Cat--beautiful coloring & great idea to fussycut the butterfly & banner!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I agree with your color choice, it looks lovely! I also like the small details you added, like popping up the wings of the butterfly. That stamp is so pretty it must have been fun to color!

Becca Cruger said...

OOo! Look at all this GORGEOUS coloring. Cat, you've outdone yourself with this little lovely!

Jean said...

Stunning color combination!

Barb Ghig said...

WOW! This is really gorgeous, Cat! I love your color palette and how you added dimension to the flowers with your shading!

Anita in France said...

Gosh this is lovely, Cat ... so elegant and such a gorgeous colour combo! That fluttery butterfly is fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

lauren bergold said...

SO GORGEOUS!!! see *THIS* kind of coloring with the shading & stuff is what i've been trying to practice all month and i'm just NOT good at it!!! i will vicariously enjoy your coloring, instead, k?! :)

Martha said...

WOW, Cat, what a beauty this is.
Fabulous coloring!