Friday, October 28, 2016

Happy Halloween

The moment I saw this stamp set from Close to my Heart, I knew I had to have it.  While it's set up for Halloween, it can be used for lots of occasions.


I started this card at the crafty birthday party I attended in September.  It was the first time I truly came to appreciate my misti.  If you don't have one yet, and are debating between the card size and the original size...get the original.  I have them both and I only use the card size when I travel.


I stamped and clear embossed a spider's web on the black card base, then I layered the image panel onto it. I used colored pencils and a bit of gamsol to blend.

This card is the perfect example of why I think the original misti is more useful.  The Cat image had to be stamped in stages.  Using the misti in landscape orientation, I was able to stamp the hat, mask it move it to the left for the cat body and sentiment stamping while on the right side I was stamping the next hat. I made 30 of these so the assembly line really made it go fast.


 


I decided to stamp the eyes with a block, just to give each one a bit of a different expression.

Here is the set in its entirety.
 

So thanks for stopping by!

 

5 comments:

Betty said...

this is the cutest card ever and love seeing how you created it Cat - and again thanks for sending it to me.

Greta said...

You're right--I wish I'd splurged for the regular size MISTI. This is just too cute, Cat--love the black embossed spider web panel!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

That is a super stamp, and that is before I saw that you can switch out the eyes! So neat! TFS!

Anita in France said...

Cute and so fun, Cat ... that little kitty is so sweet! Hugs, Anita :)

Barb Ghig said...

Your MISTI really came in handy for this card, and I love how it turned out! You made 30 of them? Oh my!