Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Pinspired #15

Hi it has been a while since I played with the Pinspired Challenges. Above is the inspiration pin.


I was inspired by the bird, the wood-like feel and the curves of the leaves.  I made a 4.25" square card. 


I love to mix patterned papers. I used blue/green hues of SU patterned papers cut using Kiwi Lane designer templates for cards, then I inked their edges for added dimension.  My bird was punched out and sprayed with Smooch Spritz in spun sugar. The bird and branches are from the SU build a bird punch.  I added a wood veneer ampersand to anchor the two white heat embossed sentiments together.  Thanks for taking a look.

 /\  /\
(=';'=)
(")_(")~Cat

7 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

This is wonderful! I love your mix of patterned paper!

Jean said...

Lovely combination of papers and the wood ampersand is a perfect touch! Thanks for joining us at Pinspired Challenges!

joy said...

Hi, Cat! What a great card you created with that inspiration piece. Love it! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. You commented so quickly after it was posted. I actually had to edit the post because I didn't follow the guidelines for one of the challenges. :(

MS said...

oohhh, love that inking! The birds and paper treatment are so fun! I need to play with my Kiwi templates more!

Jen McD said...

Love this, Cat! I love that you used your Kiwi Lane templates and did an awesome job of interpreting the inspiration photo! Fabulous!! Thanks for playing along with us at Pinspired!

sheza said...

WOW! I love this card. It's absolutely perfect. The patterned papers you used are so very complimentary to each other. Great job!

Kristi said...

Love it! So cute! you've been busy this week and I've been slacking off!