Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Butterfly Birthday

Today I made a card for my niece's birthday.  I finally got my hands on a Spellbinder's die set I have been lusting after. This card was the perfect opportunity to pull it out and play. 

The card base is a blue 5.5 by 5.5 inch square. I used a lot of layers, I wanted the patterned paper to pop.  I rounded the bottom of the card to soften it.

Front
The sentiments (exterior and interior) are both from Hero Arts. The embellishments include a Martha Stewart doily and some Snug Hug seam binding colored with distress ink. The pearls are from Recollections. 

The interior of the card is lined with the same patterned paper as the butterfly on the front. The small butterflies are made with a Martha Stewart punch, using the same card stock as the mats on the front side.


Interior

 











Thanks for stopping by. 
 /\ /\
(=';'=)
(")_(")~~Cat

1 comment:

Patty said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Yes, I did have a great time at Scrapfest!