Tonight I made two sympathy cards to have in my stash. One will probably be needed soon. My friend's son has a debilitating terminal disease and he has been declining for the last two months. I'd rather have the cards in my stash, than to have to make one at a moment's notice.
Two challenges AAA Cards and CAS on Friday have challenges to use die cuts I prefer to used botanical images and a simple sympathy statement on my bereavement cards. I an a bit partial to the first card, it feels more CAS so I am entering that one to both challenges.
I picked out 1 word die set and two botanical dies. The botanicals were cut from vellum, and the sentiments from the same cardstock as the card panel, but I made it a bit darker with a copic marker.
The vellum pieces were a bit too light and a bit too light weight. I doused them with versafine and covered them in silver pearl embossing power and heat set them. That gave them a bit more body, and made them more visible against the panel. All pieces were glued down using Elmer's craft bond (spray adhesive).
These were very difficult to photograph, this was the best I could do.
Thanks so much for stopping by!