Thursday, February 8, 2018

AAA Cards and Work it Wednesday

Hi there,

I am finishing up those Valentine's...and this one is for my Dad from his three cats.  They send him birthday cards too. ;)

I love Gerda Steiner's critters, they are so cute; and these kitties are no exception.



I've of course colored them simply and similarly to the three trouble makers (l to r)  Digger, Little One, and Jack.  Digger is a one person cat, his life is all about my Dad. Little One is a stray that showed up last summer - very wild though she is now starting to domesticate with humans other than my Dad. On my most recent visit she was schmoozing with hubs and I.  And lastly Jack - he is a big fluff ball--friendly, loves tummy rubs and is a constant gift bringer.  I'm sure my Dad will recognize them all.

I added Nuvo drops for the eyes to make them pop a bit, and hand wrote the sentiment. 

I am submitting this to two challenges :
AAA Cards - All you need is love
Work it Wednesday - Simon Says Stamp - Love Themed

  Work it Wednesday

Thanks so much for stopping by!

13 comments:

Misty Elam said...

Oh my gosh.. This card.... Are all 3 of those cats on the same Stamp set?? If I colored that left one orange, it would JUST like my Taffy girl. She’s a one person cat as well. Bites everyone else. She cost me over $500 at the vet today, but I’d do it again in a heartbeat. Anyway, I think this card is so so adorable. I love that they all match your Dad’s cat’s personalities. You gave me a total visual.

Cardsbymaaike said...

I love cats and Gerda Steiner stamps too. great card, lovely story and thank you for joining us at AAA cards challenges

I Card Everyone said...

Your Dad is my kind of guy ... my guy would have six cats if i'd let him!! What a delightful little Valentine - your Dad is a lucky cat, Cat!
=]
[how toad-ily adorbs is that AAA cards prompt???]

Cat Craig said...

Misty, yes all three are on the same set called All Cats.

Tracey McNeely said...

Absolute cuteness Cat!!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--absolutely perfect card for your dad, Cat! Love your coloring & your hand writing!

Darnell said...

Hammy loved this post, Cat!! He thinks it is so cool that your Dad's three cats (so beautifully painted for us here!) send him cards for the holidays! (BTW, was your Dad's love of cats the reason for your nickname?!) Hugs, Darnell

Anita in France said...

How cute, Cat ... and so fabulous that you personalised these little kitties for your Dad ... they're adorable! Hugs, Anita :)

Jane said...

Loving those mega cute cats and the sweet back story to your card, made me smile! Thanks for joining in with the current challenge at AAA Cards.

Jean said...

Absolutely adorable!

lauren bergold said...

oh what an AWESOME valentine, i love that you not only made the cats like your dad's but the card is FROM them!!! what an awesome thing to arrive on valentine's day! ♥♥♥

Lucille K said...

You Dad is just going to Love this sweet card you made. I Love the description of each kitty, my Boo is like Digger and he is my cat :)

https://bharatinayudu.com/ said...

Awww such a cute and adorable card. Love the cats. Thank you for playing with us at AAA Cards. Hugs -Bharati