Wednesday, May 10, 2017

JUGS Mother and C9 Florals

A quick post for two challenges, Just us Girls - Mother and Where Creativity Meets C9.

I am trying to use up the ink in my set of Memento Markers which are going on being 7 years old. Some are beginning to dry out and the brush tips are getting mushy.  So I am using them to get the ink out before they all dry  out.  They are great for stamp inking, and can be used to water color as well.



I colored the stamp with a lighter red and green, then after stamping the sentiment, I colored in the flower with the original red so that the color was even, then tried to get some depth with a darker marker.  It's not well blended, but I kinda like that look for this flower. I made these cards for some girlfriends who are fabulous Mom's, and they are smaller cards 2.75 by 4.25 inches. Stamp set used is from Concord and 9th -called Happy Words a great sentiment set with this bonus bloom.

 


Thanks much for stopping by!


8 comments:

  1. I do love the depth in the red flower, it adds so much. I really think that is great that you are using these older supplies instead of just pitching them all. I have some older markers I should check to see if they are still good or not. I have a friend who is just getting into cardmaking and I could ask her if she wants them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful design Cat and fabulous colouring! Have a great day! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful bloom, Cat! I never think to ink my stamps with my Memento markers--gotta do that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flower looks almost stencilled - love this CAS look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really bold, and beautiful, Cat!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful flower, Love it! It's so bright and cheery I love the odd sized card as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bold and beautiful, Cat ... such fabulous impact! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun and bold! Perfect for Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks!