Saturday, April 1, 2017

3 Pastels and a Scramble

Hey There!  Today I checked the flickr group to see if there was a scramble...and there was it had less than an hour left. Yikes...but I do love a scramble and this really was one for me.  I had been thinking about the current Less is More Challenge to use 3 pastels and that combined with Cindy's theme of using an oval  made this card come together very quickly.



I used cream colored card stock and clear embossed Hero Arts' Leafy Vine stamp. Then I added very lightly inking with Distress inks in Cracked Pistachio, Milled Lavender, and Work Lipstick.  Once these were kinda dry -- I buffed the card front with a microfiber cloth to remove the ink from the embossing.  Next up a quick liquid platinum embossed sentiment from PTI on vellum.  Lastly I layered the vellum and the card stock and cut the stitched oval from MFT.  I barely off set it on the left side to maintain a fold.  I  cut a snip off the bottom of the back side of the card so it can stand.

ETA: I am also adding this to the Crop Stop March Challenge.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

14 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Stunning Cat! I love those oh, so soft colours and your blending is impeccable! The shape is also very apt for an Easter card! Have a wonderful weekend! Luv n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Susan said...

What a great idea. Love this idea and your color choices are just perfect. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Kathyk said...

Popped across from the LIM challenge to admire your super egg shaped card

Kathyk

Esther said...

This is such a lovely and incredibly elegant card. The unusual shape and soft inking are so eye catching, and the vellum strip with sentiment is a perfect finishing touch! As a clean and simple challenge, we do need some empty space on cards, but this is an absolute stunner and I'm really glad you shared it with us at Less is More. Thanks for playing :)

Greta said...

If we'd voted on favorites in the Scramble, you'd have gotten my vote, Cat! I absolutely adore this card--perfect choice to use the leafy vine & I plan to case this!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Super elegant and subtle use of those pastel shades. As Esther mentions we do like to see an area of clean 'white' space' but thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at Less is More this week.

Jean said...

Just gorgeous! A great use for that Leafy Vine stamp!

Esther Asbury said...

So elegant and beautiful! Love those pastel shades!
I'd love for you to link this up to the Cropstop challenge where anything goes as long as you use some products from companies they carry in the store. (YOU DID!)
You can check it out here:
www.cropstop.com/blog/cards/march-challenge-link-party-26

Esther Asbury said...

Thanks for linking up!

lostinpaper said...

You scrambled and you won, what a fun fun design Cat!

Gwendolyn said...

Gorgeous blending and I love how you stencilled the inside of the egg, just beautiful!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Beautiful stamping and inking and the vellum is a nice touch. Personally I think this would have had even more impact if it had been put onto a white card base...but we do love our white space at Less is More. The egg itself is truely beautiful though. Thanks so much for sharing xx

Anita in France said...

So very pretty, Cat ... seems there's a beautiful sheen to those soft pastels over the delicate leafy vines ... perfect with the subtle vellum! Hugs, Anita :)

Misty Elam said...

Ooooh, this is gorgeous!!! I love everything about this. The color blending is perfect!!