Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Curtian Call - Bouquet

I've been playing with my MISTI stamp tool along with Altenew's Vintage roses. I always had trouble lining the layers up, but this tool...wow! Pricey but wow! I was trying to figure out color combinations and had made several roses...so they were perfect to put together in a bouquet.  Perfect for the Curtain Call's Inspiration Challenge - Bouquet.

 

I took my inspiration from the bunch of multi-colored flowers, the glass vase and the blue couch in the background.

 Of course the roses have a bit of WOS on them, but the glittery loveliness is so hard to capture in a photograph.  The bowl portion of the card is thanks to Stampendous' Bowl Bouquet, and those glass marbles in the bottom, are covered in glossy accents, to provide a bit of texture. I water-colored the bowl and grounding area, the flowers were stamped with combinations of Hero Arts, Simon Says Stamp and WPlus9 dye inks.

The water color panel and the card face were die cut using WPlus 9 dies.

Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

Betty said...

gorgeous card Cat! love the glass marbles in the bottom of the vase - such a neat idea and covered with glossy accents!!

Greta said...

What a perfect card for the challenge, Cat! I'm so jealous you have a Misti. Guess I better get my name on the back order list, as everyone says they love it.

Jeanne H said...

Oh, I just love your bouquet!

Darnell said...

Well, goodness, you sure rocked the photo inspiration, Cat, even down to the color on the couch! It must be so glittery and glossy and marvelous in person!! Hugs, Darnell

Jean said...

That is a gorgeous bouquet of flowers!

Martha said...

Cat, what a darling card this is! The roses are simply beautiful.
Fabulous idea to use glossy accents on the marbles.

Have fun using your MISTI. I don't own one, yet.
I'm wondering if it's really worth buying?

Tracey McNeely said...

What a lovely and thoughtful arrangement you have made, I love those Alternew Vintage Roses (I have them but no MISTI--soon). Thank you for sharing with us at the Curtain Call!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous bouquet, Cat! I love the mix of colors and your vase is so pretty...especially with those lovely glass marbles along the bottom! Love your scalloped frame, too! Great job on the challenge, my friend!

Becca Cruger said...

This is so awesome! It's soft and reminds me of a watercolor painting. Love how you created the "glass".

Lisa H. said...

such a lovely card. I adore your bouquet and the colors you used. thanks for playing with curtain call.

I Card Everyone said...

You've done a beautiful job of flower arranging, here, Cat! Wow, what beautiful colors you've taken from the photo... and I love that blue couch!!
=] Michele

Betty said...

congrats on your honorable mention at Curtain Call - well done!!

Darnell said...

Popping back to congratulate you on the HM honor from Curtain Call, Cat!! Yippie!! Hugs, Darnell

I Card Everyone said...

Do I know how to pick a winner or what?
Congrats, Cat!!
=] M

Greta said...

Congrats on the HM at CC!