Friday, January 16, 2015

What's New Pussycat?

Another late night card making session.  I wanted to get a card in for the Muse Challenge #100, and before it is too late and Monday is here again, I decided to make one tonight...or this morning...if I haven't been to bed yet, it is still night regardless of the technicality of the actual clock and calendar.


Above is our Muse card from Michele Ferguson, in addition to her lovely card, she has used a song as inspiration. 

I have decided  to use a song as well...






I took inspiration from Michele's cut out and smaller interior piece for my card. 

I cut the tag, then cut out the sentiment bubble on the back side so its pointing in the right direction.  Then I went to my computer and typed out the sentiment. I printed it on printer paper first. I used the tag to assure placement of the sentiment by centering the sentiment in the middle of the opening, then taping down the die cut piece over the open space on top of the printed sentiment. Once this was done I reprinted the sentiment on the same sheet of paper - this time it printed onto the die cut.

I masked off my kitty, and inked up the tag face. Then I colored the kitty with colored pencils and gamsol.
The tag is attached with foam tape, and I placed the sentiment bubble flat on to the card base inside the cutout.

I think this card will brighten up my niece's day in the middle of a cold wet winter.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Cardstock - Strathmore Bristol, A Muse Cardstock
Colored Pencils - Artist's Loft (and Inky Antic's Gamsol)
Ink - Distress Inks - Mowed Lawn and Salty Ocean,Memento - Tuxedo Black
Stamps - Newton's Nook - Newton's Antics
Dies - Lawn Fawn Stitched Party Banners, Hero Arts Phrase Bubble


10 comments:

joy said...

adorable card, Cat!

Jean said...

Just adorable! Fun colors and great take on the inspiration card.

I Card Everyone said...

Woe a woe a woe, woe .... LOve it, CAT!!!!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

That is one cool interpretation of the Muse card, Cat! That little kitty is just sweet!

Becca Cruger said...

That card would definitely brighten up anyone's day! And now I'm left singing "whoa whoa whooooaa" :)

Leslie Hanna said...

This is so cute! I like your non-white-on-white take on the challenge!

Diane said...

Super cute design.

Best of the New Year.

Diane

Ardyth said...

Love this fun song-based card and how you cut the sentiment out of the panel. So glad you joined us at Muse this week, Cat!

Sally said...

This card is sure to cheer up anyone, Cat! Love Newton's home on the distressed banner and the innovative way you included the catchy sentiment. Such happy, cheerful colors you've used as well!

Greta said...

So cheerful & cute, Cat! Love how you used the Muse inspiration!