Tuesday, June 8, 2021

No card - Just checking in

 Hi-

I’ve been in a creative funk the last few months. I have lots of new stuff to play with, the new goodies bin is almost stuffed to capacity.  As are my stamp bins, die bins, paper bins etc.

I’ve been wanting to reduce my inventory—many items I won’t use again. Yesterday  I filled flat rate boxes and posted them to a Facebook group and all 5 boxes sold in 10 minutes. Clearly the price was right.  Each box had 30+ stamps, dies, a few punches and embossing folders. No paper no stickers just hardware.

Now my die holder is lighter with room to flip through. I might be able to get all my sentiment stamps into one bin now and my critters which are jammed packed can take over the extra sentiment bin. 

As a result of this upheaval, I’ve decided to reorganize the entire room so everything fits into the shelving units  and I can get rid of the row of tables in front of the shelves holding stuff and hiding stuff underneath.

So I will be absent from blogland for a week or so— I’m giving it 3-4 hours a day starting tomorrow.

Wish me luck!



13 comments:

Greta said...

Good for you & I do wish you luck! I've gotta do better here, but can't resist entering challenges!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Good luck with your reorganizing. I recently got a giveaway pile together. I plan to offer it locally to see if I can find a stamper who would use them. I probably should do a better job going through all the boxes and drawers. We shall see. I know the feeling you have with knowing you have stuff you won’t use.

That is awesome you were even able to sell some stuff.

Leslie Miller said...

It's nice that you were able to sell some of it. Sounds like it was a lot. I do the purge every now and then, but 2017 was the biggest purge yet. Too much stuff in too small a space. Good luck to you, Cat. I know you'll love it!

TK said...

Wow! Good for you, and good luck with the rest of the "clean" -- see you soon

Darnell said...

Good luck, Cat! Wish I was there to help. You know how I love reorganizing schtuff! And well done selling off so much of your schtuff to bring joy to others! Hugs, Darnell

Mac Mable said...

Good luck ...Hard work but so worth it in the end x.

Cathy said...

I'm sure your space will look and feel amazing after your tidy up Cat! Can you come and help me do mine next please lol! You'll probably come back bursting with inspiration :) Cathy x

I Card Everyone said...

Best of luck, my friend! Congrats on the sales - perhaps you'll share how you priced things? when you're done with your chores, that is.
=]

Marcia Hill said...

Best of luck with the purging and cleaning Cat...so wish I had the motivation to do the same! I don't even know what I have anymore because there's so much!! Please share pics when you're all done...maybe that'll get me going too! Hugs. :0)

HilaryJane said...

You will be so pleased when it is done and you have discovered long lost things. I think there comes a time when just stopping everything and having a sort out is a priority. I hope it also helps you get your mojo back. Good luck xx

Bonnie said...

Organization is a never ending battle. Unless we stop buying and I don't see that happening here!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Well done, Cat - bet you'll feel good after your cleaning spree! We've all had our creative funks, no need to stress. I find twisting up a previous card will give me a boost, no pressure and I accomplish something. Good luck!!

nancy littrell said...

Nothing better than purging and cleaning house to get you inspired. Always worth the time. Have fun finding old treasures and memories. Love and Hugs...Nancy