Sunday, July 12, 2020

Life is Better

Hello-
I had a late night video crafting last night. One of the gals likes to challenge me to case cards she finds online.  This morning I woke up to her latest challenge in our facebook group.

I quiet liked the card, the design and the colors.  Many of the stamps I do not own, nor do I have the designer paper used by the cardmaker. Here is a link to her card

I was contemplating a card for Challenge Up Your Life the theme is -- Vacation Mood, and this card resulted from the combined inspirations.



Did you check out Kristi's card in the link above?  I love this design and I have used similar ones on past cards. I enjoyed making my own patterned papers with CTMH's Hawaiian Hibiscus set, and the beachy pieces from Beachy Keen of  Freshly Made Stamps.  I used Darice's basket weave for the dry embossing on the card base.

Thanks so much for visiting!

18 comments:

Lin said...

What a great combination of elements, Cat - I especially love the basketweave embossing! Great summer card!

Betty said...

great card for both challenges, Cat - love your handmade patterned paper!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a perfect summer card, Cat! Just love the texture of the basketweave background and the pretty floral paper you created. I can totally get behind the sentiment - very rare that I'm not in flip flops of one color or another all summer!!

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous card, Cat! Jo x

Marcia Hill said...

I'd say you nailed the challenge you were given Cat...your card is GORGEOUS!! :0)

Lisa Elton said...

Fabulous card Cat!

Crafting with Jeanne said...

That is a great design and I think I will try it soon. I need some new layouts. Thanks. LOVE the sunny weather card. Makes me want to go down to the beach!

papierelle said...

I wish that too. Last week there was no time for flip-flops, far too cold. It's better at the moment, but it'll be cooler in a few days. Crazy summer. Your card design is beautiful and I can dream.

I Card Everyone said...

even better bare-foot! I'm loving your rendition of Kristi's card, Cat! Challenge met, flip flops first!
=]

TK said...

Peaceful and lovely, I want to be there! Perfect beachy feel too, Cat

HilaryJane said...

Love that embossed background and brilliant homemade patterned paper xx

Tracey McNeely said...

This is a fantastic card Cat! I love your colour choices and your message is so true!

Jean said...

A fun summer-themed card - life is better in flip flops!

Leslie Miller said...

I super duper duper love this card and totally wouldn't have guessed you stamped and colored the background strip. Wow! This is so cool! Kristi's card is fabulous, too!

Anita in France said...

Summery, tropical, texture-y and so fun, Cat ... this is fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

Mac Mable said...

Such a pretty panel of stamped and coloured flowers for the centre and the dry embossing looks wonderful. Fabulous card Cat and so Summery x.

Greta said...

Wowzer, Cat! Absolutely wonderful cards--the original & yours! I love that design, but have never added a circle focal point like this. Love it!

Anja said...

Oh Cat, you made a wonderful creation on our theme. I love your style and your colour choice. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Challenge up your life. Greetings, Anja