Thursday, December 26, 2013

Feel Better

A friend of mine is recovering from surgery and I wanted to send her a cheery card.



The stamps are from Stampin Up, the stems were hand drawn,  the ink is Hero Arts, and the twine was a gift.  I often struggle with placement of moveable items on my card fronts.  I finally after 15 minutes of pushing these flowers around got the arrangement I was happy with.

Now the big question...could I duplicate it...take a photo maybe?  Nope.  I placed a piece of card stock on top of it and flipped the card with the blooms on it upside down.  I removed the cardstock carefully so none of my punched blossoms moved. Then I used several long strips of sticky tape across the backs, placed carefully so they maintained their arrangement. Next I peeled the backer off and Voila, I was able to set it down on my card front in the same arrangement.

I added the twine bow with glossy accents, and decorated the inside of the card with flowers and a feel better sentiment.  The flower centers also have a touch of glitz from a wink of stella pen.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

1 comment:

Greta said...

Wonderful, cheery get well card, Cat--bet it brings a big smile! I know what you mean about trying to get things attached without their moving out of place--great job!