Saturday, January 21, 2017

Scramble 146

It has been several months since I last scrambled, partly my travel schedule and partly the holiday break in the scramble schedule.  The scramble is hosted over at the Hero Arts Flickr group.  Today our hostess is Karen.  She tasked us with creating a card with our oldest Hero Arts stamp and using something around the house to create a background.

I grabbed some of that grippy shelf liner, the kind that is a bit spongy and is not solid.  I placed it on water color paper then spritzed water all over it.  I lifted it up and dumped some purple brusho on the semi wet card.  YUCK...it did not turn out at all as I imagined it.  So I tamped the shelf liner on the water color card to get more water on it for the brusho to spread.  Still YUCK...BUT then the shelf liner had color on it and I decided to lay that on a fresh piece of watercolor (not really I just turned the other piece over after heat setting it).  Yay, finally a background I liked and could work with.

My oldest Hero Arts stamp...or at least one of the first ones I bought is the Hydrangea. It is still a favorite and is on display in my craft space. I heat embossed it in white on thick vellum, then fussy cut it.  I used stragetically placed foam to mount the vellum piece and added a sentiment banner and sequins.

I am quite happy with how it turned out!

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Betty said...

very cool background Cat and the hydrangea is one of my all time favorites also - did you see the new hydrangea clear stamp with a die in the spring catalog?

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

That is a very pretty stamp. I don't think I own a hydrangea stamp, but if I were to buy one, this one is classy! I love the background, it is so soft and pretty!

Greta said...

This is a stunner, Cat! That background is fabulous & over the top creative!

Linda Langes said...

Great job Cat - an awesome background created with an unusual item - love it.

I Card Everyone said...

Cat!!! This is phenomenally gorgeous!!! Worth the several trials, most definitely ... swooning over that Hydrangea - and guess who has a roll of that shelf liner? xx
=]

TK said...

Awesome! So pretty, and I think we all some of that non-slip runner material around! In fact, I even have some in the craft room to keep my big cutter from moving...

Misty Elam said...

That is so awesome!!! I've never even heard of that, nor would I EVER think to grab a household item to make a card with.. lol So creative and it turned out amazing!!!

Anita in France said...

The hydangea is gorgeous, Cat ... fantastic against that amazing background ... so creative! Hugs, Anita :)

Barb Ghig said...

Awesome background technique, and I love, love, love this bloom, Cat! It looks amazing on vellum...WOW!