Monday, October 5, 2015

Muse Marilyn

It is good to be back to card making.  My second post today is for Muse Christmas Visions #22.

Marilyn provided us with this adorable Snowman:

 

It is a great design and I went with it.  I was inspired by Marilyn's design and that her image repeating stripes in the scarf were somewhat repeated in the patterned paper.

My favorite Snowman stamp is from Hero Arts. I combined him with some SU papers and sentiment; and a couple of dies from WPlus9 and MFT.  My snowman was colored with markers and then stamped.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

13 comments:

Marybeth said...

Love the red and white polka dots on your adorable snowman card and scarf!

Betty said...

darling card, Cat - the polka dots border set off the cute snowman's scarf perfectly!

lauren bergold said...

i love that your card is directly inspired by the inspo snowman... and yet completely your own! love those polkas, as well! ♥

Ardyth said...

I love how the dots work so well with the scallops and I always think that red and white is the perfect Christmas colour combination! So glad you joined us at MCV this week, Cat!

Jean said...

Cute, cute, cute - I love those polka dots!

Jean said...

Cute, cute, cute - I love those polka dots!

Lin said...

So crisp, Cat - love the dots in the background mimicing those in his scarf! All the layers are wonderful!

Marilyn said...

Cat, I love that your card is so bright and festive. The polka dots on the scarf and the panel are the perfect combination. I am so honored that you found inspiration in my card. Thank you.

Barb Ghig said...

Really CUTE card, Cat! I love how you matched his scarf to the polka dotted DSP! Such a darling take on Marilyn's card!

Deepti said...

Beautiful CASE :) love those reds

Darnell said...

Excellent CASE of Marilyn, Cat!!! LOVE the red!! Hugs, Darnell

ElizStewart said...

Simple and adorable!

Greta said...

Wonderful case--such a darling snowman!