Friday, October 2, 2015

Autumn Blessings

It's been a while since I've played along over at Shopping our Stash, so I was happy to see this week's prompt was Wooden it be Nice. Participants are challenged to use something wooden. Options include wood veneer pieces, wood paper, wood-looking patterned paper, wood accessories.



I used a Woodland embossing folder and wood veneer pieces that were colored in fall colors.
My card base was embossed with the SU Woodland embossing folder, but upside down! errgh! So I turned it inside out and now had a debossed card base.  Since these are supposed to be birch trees, I lightly inked the raised portions with some distress ink.  I really like the result.  The veneer pieces are also from Stampin Up. The sentiment is from a new to me Stamp company Sunny Studio, the set is Harvest Happiness and you'll be seeing the images during November. Such cute line images, I'll have fun coloring.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Betty said...

love how you used your new woodland embossing folder - wonderful autumn card!

Greta said...

One of my favorites, Cat! I want that ef!

Barb Ghig said...

Your embossed background is stunning, and I love how you colored the veneer leaves! I also love how you blended your inks on the scalloped border! Really gorgeous card, Cat!

lauren bergold said...

ok, see, i TOTALLY thought you debossed on purpose to make the darker ridgier bits of birch bark stand out more!!! bonus points for doing it serendipitiously and rollin' with it tho, lol!!! :) :) :) absolutely loooooooooove this!

I Card Everyone said...

However! I think it was meant to be this way all along!! Gorgeous, Cat!!! So happy to hear you're home!!
=]

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fab card!!! I just ordered that embossing folder and I love that accidently debossing came out so wonderfully! Thanks for joining the crew at SHOPPING OUR STASH for our "Wooden It Be Nice" challenge this week!!