Saturday, July 4, 2015

Two for one

I love sketch challenges.  Sometimes my design "eye" needs help. The sketch challenge over at CAS(E) this sketch #130 is so much fun, and I really wanted to play with some baubles for the challenge at Shopping Our Stash this week.

My sweet and talented blogging friend Greta has sent me some felt strips awhile back, sometime around when I last reorganized my crafting area.  You guessed it, they were put away so well I couldn't find them. This morning I put in an effort to find them. They were put in a stainless steel box I have on my crafting table RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY NOSE!

I used my long owned but rarely used MFT rolled roses.  I don't have good sized leaf dies, but I do have a little surfboard from MFT's sea charms.  I added another leaf in the form of a stick pin, and another stick pin with green glass beads---these are my baubles.

I wanted those roses to be towards the center of the card where the bracket edge dips.  I also did not want the pins competing with the embossed background...so I put the card stock into the embossing folder at a wonky angle.  PERFECT!  I pushed at the edge creases with my bone folder so it looks pretty flat on the unembossed areas.



I am not so sure it is CAS...but it does more or less follow the sketch ( moved the sentiment)...so I am going with it. Only 30 more stickpins to use up!

Thanks for stopping by!

        

14 comments:

Jeanne H said...

A very lovely card!

Betty said...

beautiful, Cat!!

Greta said...

OK, so can we do a card exchange?! I NEED this card & I'll send you one of mine you like. Love every single thing about this beautiful card, my friend!

Cathy said...

Beautiful card, Cathy x

Becca Cruger said...

This is so elegant!!! Pretty in pink and I definitely think it's CAS !

Lucille K said...

Oh Cat, this card is absolutely beautiful, just beautiful :)

Martha said...

OH, Cat, this is simply BEAUTIFUL!
Fabulous take on the sketch.
Greta will certainly love it. :)

Jan Clothier said...

This is just beautiful! I love the way you've use the pins and the roses. The embossed background is just the perfect finishing touch.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is beautiful! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Unknown said...

such a pretty card, I love your rolled roses :)

Donna said...

Pretty card, the white and pink are so lovely together with the touch of green.
Thanks for playing along with the Shopping Our Stash crew for our "Baubles, Buttons & Bows" challenge this week!!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my goodness, Cat...this is so BEAUTIFUL! I love the feminine pink and your embossed panel is so pretty! I'm so glad you found the pink felt strips, too...your roses are so lovely, and the stick pins are the perfect touch! How clever you are to use 'surfboards' to create leaves, too...I never would have thought of it :) Great job!!!

Cindy Groh said...

Love your card and how you used this embossing folder.