Wednesday, July 15, 2015

3 in 1

It has been hot, humid and to this transplanted Southern California desert dweller just miserable. I love the seasons, but I despise the humidity.  Couple that with bouts of insomnia and my mojo went on vacation!  It has been about 8 days with very few cards made or contemplated.

Today, I sat down to work on three Christmas Card Challenges-a mini marathon of card making.  I like to group them all in one post, so about every 2-3 weeks I have a 3 for one post.

The challenges are Merry Monday - PenguinsOne Layer Christmas Cards -Anything goes with option of gift(s), and Muse Christmas Visions #11 an inspiration challenge (I loved the fresh color combo).














                         

 Do you clean up between each card, or do you have a marathon with all parts strewn about?  When I scrapbook, I clean up completely between each set of pages, even when at a crop.  Cards....oh it could be 2-3 4 before I give myself a clean work area...maybe because they are smaller formats.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supply Lists:


Happy Holidays Penguin
Copics (C01,03,07; YR04,07;B95,B99;100; 00)
Lawn Fawn Winter Penguin Stamps and Die
Memory Box Die  Swirling Cut Work
Simon Says Stamp Stitched Circle Dies
Darice Sequins, Stickles
Papers - SU, Neenah


Merry Christmas  - One Layer
Stamps Happen – Birthday Presents
Mama Elephant – Basic Borders
Lawn Fawn – Joy to the Woods
Hero Arts Silver Ep,  Versamark Ink
Paper – Stampin Up


Paper  SU, Neenah

Season's Greetings
Ellen's Esentials - Prized Stag Die
Simon Says Stamp Stitched Circle Dies
Simon Says Stamp - Be Joyful Stamp set
Hero Arts Gold Ep, Versamark Ink
Papers - Stamping up, burgundy scrap, DCWV Gold Foil paper

23 comments:

Jean said...

These are all terrific! And hopefully cooled you down to make winter-themed cards!
As for cleaning up - what's that?!?!?! Actually did recently do a big clean up, especially of scraps, for the first time in about 6 or 7 cards!

Lin said...

I'm with you on the humidity - it just saps you. Love your penguin card with the swirling die surrounding the little critter - and blue always makes me happy (and cool!) I generally clean up between projects.

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

All your cards are awesome! Especially love the swirly die cut behind that darling penguin! Thanks so much for playing with us at Merry Monday!

Greta said...

I clean up about once every 3 months--can never find anything after I clean up--LOL! Well, your mojo is back, my friend! Love your cards--especially the gold & kraft one! I can't imagine living in the East--visits in the humidity are hard enough for me! Hoping you have a wonderful Fall to make up for the miserable summer!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Your Mojo is back! Love this trio of cards, adorable penguin and dimensional frame!
The blue and silver packages card is a lovely CAS and the stag head, a rich Colour combo and great take on Betty's MCV card! Thanks for joining in at MCV this week!

I Card Everyone said...

Good morning, Cat! I love them all, but your MCV card showcases one of my faves - that Stag's head - still on my wish-list!! Humidity and I don't get along either, Cat ...
=] Michele

Becca Cruger said...

Clean... what is this word you speak of? ;) Honestly... yeah... I try to put some things away, but I'll probably go 2-3 weeks before my craft room threatens to swallow me and then I will clean and reorganize for about an hour and be good to repeat the cycle.
Your penguin looks too happy! And that die you used is so neat... I had to look at it for a little while to appreciate all the raised texture. :)

Kristi said...

These are so sweet Cat! Love the deerhead punch, he made my Xmas cards last year a breeze!
I don't completely clean up between cards, lately I've been making multiples from the same collection of papers. But once I change papers and such, I clean the old stuff up and start new.

Leslie Hanna said...

Clean? Whazzat? I move things around and pile them up until I can't function, THEN I'll start putting things away. I find I re-use stuff that's already out that way, too.

Gee, and now I need that Memory Box Swirling Cutwork die. *shakes fist*

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love that swirly around your penguin - great look, Cat! Thanks for playing along at Merry Monday! Love your one-layer and your gold stag too!

Marie Bingaman said...

Three superb cards! Great card-a-thon you had that day! :)

Jeanne H said...

Love the penguin card, especially! I hear you about humidity...lived 30 years (yikes) in So. CA and moved back to MN. Hot and humid in summer, but I love fall and winter. Oh, and I clean when I don't have space to work anymore. tee hee

Betty Wright said...

WOW! All three are fantastic! Love the gold accenting on the last. Thanks so much for playing along with Muse Christmas Visions!

Susan Joyce said...

Lovely collection of cards Cat. Your Merry Monday and OLCCC cards are fantastic love every detail on both cards, thanks for joining us at both blogs.

Wendy said...

Love your penguin card! The design & colors are fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

sheza said...

Great collection!

Bonnie said...

This is a sweet penguin and I love the splashes around him! Three great Christmas cards! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday! (I tend to keep going until I only have a 3" x 3" space to work in. Then I have to clean up!

Ardyth said...

Wow! That swirling cut is super cool! Love your simplified take on this week's Muse - That reindeer looks fantastic in gold against the burgundy! Thanks for playing along with us at MCV this week!

Barb Ghig said...

Three really fabulous Christmas cards, Cat! I LOVE the swirly die cut with the penguin on the first card...it adds so much movement to the card and makes it so fun! Your second card is so elegant, and your gold Stag is perfectly placed on your last card! As always, you nailed it...times 3!!!

Marilyn said...

Wonderful take on Betty's' beautiful muse card.

Pam Sparks said...

Fabulous cards! I have the swirling die you used with the penguin! I've never known what to do with it! Thanks for the inspiration!

ElizStewart said...

Love what you did with this Ellen die cut!

Lee-Anne said...

Sweet one layer CAS design! Love the silver on the blue! So happy you could join us at the OLCCC!