Friday, August 15, 2014

Thanks

This is my second post today, scroll down for my Day 9 homework. Thanks for an amazing two weeks of class, Online Card Classes.  This was so enjoyable and I learned fun things.  My day 10 and  last card is my take on a card presented by Laurie Wilson. She had some background tone on tone stamping and then stamping on white mounted onto fun foam. She did this with letter die cuts.  I have no fun foam, and I really did not want to cut stacks and stacks of individual letters to gain the height. So I went another route with this idea as my jumping off point.

I had a heck of a time with the tone on tone stamping and after ruining 3 card bases, I decided on another route.  I just stamped the Paper Smooches Botanicals 2 stamp on white card, die cut several of the Simon Says Stamp Diamond Parade in white, and one out of the stamped white card.




I stacked the die cuts pairing the stamped insides with the white outline.  I like the contrast the white outline provides.  I added a Thanks die (also from SSS) stacked and offset just a bit on top of the diamonds.  The ink is from Hero Arts - Cup O Joe as is the note card.

Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

vic said...

This is great cat I love the design! Looks like your having great fun with class ;)
Hugs
Vic x

joy said...

Such an eye-catching design, Cat! Love the contrast and the diamond die cut, too! You have made some seriously nice-looking cards through this class.

Leslie Hanna said...

NICELY done! I haven't done homework since day 4 or so. I'm so bad. I've made a lot of pretty trash, though.

Greta said...

Oh how I love this card, Cat! Fabulous design!

Jean said...

This is gorgeous! Wonderful choices with the dies, inks, etc!

Barb Ghig said...

Very clever way to resolve the tone on tone stamping issue, Cat! Your stamping on the diamonds is so pretty and your card is gorgeous!

Martha said...

Cat, I love this card! The focal image is SO striking!
Beautiful stamping, die-cutting, and design!

Arlene said...

Quite elegant!