Thursday, July 3, 2014

Friends

I had such a busy schedule while in California, that it was difficult to get to see any of my girlfriends. Most of my time was spent with my Dad. I did manage to squeeze in Lunch with some friends the last day I was in town.  Most of my friends live about 40 miles from my Dad's home so it requires several hours to get in a lunch or dinner when I visit.

I had prepped some watercolor paper with embossed images before traveling to California, just in case I had an itch to do some coloring.  I took my box of water colors with and on the 2nd to last day of my trip I finally had an hour to sit down and paint.

Upon my return to Maryland, I made the pieces into cards and sent them off to the gals that were able to make it to lunch that last day.  It was wonderful to see my girlfriends again.

Stamp set is from Simon Says Stamp -Favorite Flowers.  I heat embossed the flowers and leaves in white, then used watercolor paints to add color.   Sentiment is inked with Versafine Onyx Black. Cardstock is Stampin Up.

Floral stamp set is from Penny Black-Softly.  I heat embossed the flowers and leaves in white, then used watercolor paints to add color.   Sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp- Favorite Flowers and is inked with Versafine Onyx Black. Cardstock is Stampin Up.
 Floral stamp set is from Penny Black-Delightful.  I heat embossed the flowers and leaves in brown, then used watercolor paints to add color.   Sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp- Favorite Flowers and is inked with Versafine Onyx Black. Cardstock and pearls are Stampin Up.
 Floral stamp set is from Penny Black-Delightful.  I heat embossed the flowers and leaves in brown, then used watercolor paints to add color.   Sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp- Favorite Flowers and is inked with Versafine Onyx Black. Cardstock and pearls are Stampin Up.
Floral stamp set is from Hero Arts Butterfly and Flowers.  I heat embossed the flowers and leaves in black, then used watercolor paints to add color.   Sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp- Favorite Flowers and is inked with Versafine Onyx Black. Cardstock is Stampin Up.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

6 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

A parade of 'Gorgeous' creations, Cat...WOW! I love how each one is so unique, and your water coloring is just beautiful! I'm sure your friends will be delighted to see what you've created for them, too...so glad you were able to squeeze in a visit with them!

Lucille K said...

Wonderful and colorful cards for your friends, Cat. They are sure to love them :)

Greta said...

Fabulous use of your watercolor paints, Cat! So glad you got to see your girlfriends & I know they will treasure these gorgeous cards! Pinning them for inspiration.

Martha said...

Cat, what beautiful cards you've created for your friends!
I love the watercoloring & pretty flowers!

Kristi said...

These are beautiful! I'm in s=awe of your water coloring skills!

Diane said...

I love these cards! I have this stamp and can't wait to use it now!