Monday, November 7, 2016

Star of Light

Finally all my fall commitments are done, and I have several weeks at home. I can dig in and craft my Christmas cards.  The fall / Thanksgiving cards are done...I send only a few of those out. Thanksgiving cards to the family and fall cards for blogging friends.

 This card is for two challenges.  The design comes from Case this Sketch, and the theme comes from Addicted to Stamps and More: Holiday.



My supplies were simple, clear  and silver embossing powders, Hero Arts Silver ink, Distress Ink in Chipped Sapphire, Versamark, the stamp set from Stampin Up called Star of Light, and a bit of masking paper and the misti to stamp versamark over the colored inks so the embossing powder would stick well.




Thanks so much for stopping by!

  

9 comments:

Cathy said...

Stunning card Cat! Such a gorgeous stamp, love the silver and blue, Cathy x

Jean said...

Great use of the sketch and very dramatic!

Greta said...

Fabulous use of the sketch, my friend! Love this elegant card!

I Card Everyone said...

Tags weren't my thing, layers scared the cooties out of me, and now you're going to turn me into a blue lover?! OH my goodness is this star a beauty, Cat ... gorgeous addition to our CTS gallery, thank you very much!
=]

Leigh Penner said...

Gorgeous card! Fabulous take on the sketch!

lostinpaper said...

Your supplies may have been simple, but the impact is pure elegance, what a beautiful beautiful design Cat!

Peanut said...

Absolutely gorgeous holiday card, Cat. Simple and elegant. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
x Asha

lauren bergold said...

oooooooooooooh! that is so lovely! (& such a BRILLIANT take on the sketch!!!) <3

Anita in France said...

Simple, stylish and so elegant, Cat ... this is just lovely! Hugs, Anita :)