Monday, October 12, 2015

The card concept 41

I so love this inspiration image from the card concept #41:


The wood grains and the white pumpkins really caught my eye and the greys too. 


I started with Simon Says Stamp (SSS) wood grain paper, some SSS stitched pumpkins colored with cool grey copics, and SSS clustered leaves die.  Once my pumpkins were colored, I decided to fully coat them with white wink of stella and then some clear irrisitable pico embellisher just to make that sparkle come through a bit more. I am going for a classy and elegant style despite the rustic elements.

 My sentiment is another SSS product from the Sending and Wishing stamp set stamped and silver embossed on vellum. Lastly a few of SSS moonshine sequins for a final touch.




Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

Betty said...

your classy and elegant pumpkins are perfect - that paper is perfect for the base too!

Mimi said...

This card is so visually appealling! I love that it's all neutral and calm (dull), then you have the blingy sequins... they were the perfect touch!

Mimi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie Hanna said...

This is gorgeous! Love the pumpkin color and vellum leaves.

Julie Gearinger said...

Wow, I agree with the others- this is gorgeous!! Love the woodgrain background and your fabulous pumpkins- just perfect!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept :-)

I Card Everyone said...

REally beautiful, Cat ... you know, I've never had any of that SSS wood-grain paper - it looks so cool!
=]

Martha said...

Cat, this is simply beautiful!
Fabulous take on the inspiration photo.

Jean said...

Lovely take - that wood grain paper is perfection for this!

Greta said...

BEAUTIFUL!! Love everything about this card, Cat! Thinking I may need to get a Pico Embellisher!

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you played with this color combo, Cat! The woodgrain background is perfect with your pumpkins, and using vellum for your sentiment strip was a genius idea!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Beautiful card! I love the finish on the pumpkins! Thanks for joining us over at The Card Concept!
Take Care!
Michele

Lilian said...

Pretty! Great pumpkins!
Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio