Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Peonies

Hubs brought in the mail today, and there was a packet with new crafty items.  For once I immediately played with the stamps.  These Peonies from Avery Elle are drawn so nicely, and I loved coloring my stamped image.  When I was finished, looking at the card, I really get a 3D effect; hubs came by and said it looked like 4 layers, when I handed him the card, he was surprised. Yes the blossoms and leaves are just one layer...I have to credit that to using Sandy Allnock's Hex Chart.  I never would have put YG63 and  G43 together on the leaves without that chart.


I am entering this card to two challenges, Leslie's Crooked Stampers Sketch Challenge-6  and  Avery Elle's AEHeartU Challenge-Sparkle.  

     Challenge 26 

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies: Copic Markers, Hex Chart, DCWV glitter paper, Avery Elle's Peonies Stamp set, Embossing Powder, Memento Ink, Versamark ink, black cardstock scraps.

8 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Isn't that hex chart da bomb? Love those flowers, and the coloring is great! Thanks for playing my CSSC!

Lin said...

Such a pleasing composition, Cat! Love your pot of peonies!

lauren bergold said...

wow YES!!! that looks verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry dimensional, indeed, your coloring is outstanding! (kind of excited to hear there's a chart & ideas for that... i'm so not a natural colorer!) (& yes that is too a word, lol) LOVE your take on leslie's sketch, as well! what a beautiful card!!! <3

Becca Cruger said...

It really does look like a ton of layers! I stared at it for awhile just as confused as your husband. I love the combination of stripes and sparkles!

Betty said...

really really pretty card Cat! love the colors you used and your coloring is great!

Jean said...

Wonderful Copic coloring - those blooms are gorgeous!

Greta said...

Your coloring is absolutely perfect--love this card, Cat!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Wow - another beautiful project!! Love that sparkly vase and your coloring is amazing! Thanks so much for playing with the AEI♥U Challenge - we're so glad that you did!!