Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Another Layered Flower

I so loved Shari Carroll's technique of layering portions of a flower stamp to create depth, that I gave it another shot. I put it in the mail to a blogging friend and she's received it so I can post it now.

I used a stamp set from Clearly Besotted, it was paper pieced from a scrap of patterned paper.  The coloring of the stem was done with Distress markers.  Once it was assembled, pearls and wink of stella were added. The sentiment is from Avery Elle.

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

joy said...

Love the soft blues and the shadow you achieved around this blossom, Cat! Very pretty card.

joy said...

P.S. I love your blog header - is it new or am I just now noticing it?? LOL

Lin said...

Really lovely, Cat! Beautiful blues!

Cat Craig said...

Its bern there a while Joy, not the original...though.

Greta said...

Totally stunning, Cat--LOVE it, my friend!

Martha said...

What a darling card, Cat! I love the paper-piecing.
Beautifully done!

Barb Ghig said...

I love all the dimension you created with this flower, Cat! Such a beautiful shade of blue, and your sentiment is really lovely! Very pretty card!