Friday, January 27, 2017

NBUS 9 at Darnells Blog

Hi there, time to get another NBUS (never been used schtuff) item out.  Along with using a brand new item, the optional technique is using a hidden word in Darnell's NBUS Challenge #9.

 

My NBUS items are the flower stamp from Stampin Up's Avant Garden set.  I also used new inks -SSS Hot Mama, along with HA Neon Purple, HA Passion Flower and Wplus 9 Bloomsberry.  The die is from Winnie and Walter. 


I mounted the "thanks" on some hot pink fun foam so it sits up just a bit higher. The foam is very similar to the brightest color of the stamped flowers. I also added Spectrum Noir clear Sparkle pen to just the word thanks.  Some gems - cause I can't seem to resist them lately and the card is finished.

Thanks much for stopping by!




9 comments:

Greta said...

Absolutely beautiful, Cat--love those flowers & perfect use of the hidden word technique!

Anita in France said...

Gorgeous, Cat ... I do love that W&W thanks ... looks fabulous camouflaged among your fabulous flowers! Hugs, Anita :)

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

How pretty, the colors are really striking. I think you did an amazing job with that word die technique!

Betty said...

love your card Cat - gorgeous colors!

lostinpaper said...

It took me a minute.... and then I saw the sentiment and went Oh Wow!

Misty Elam said...

Very pretty!!! I'm struggling with this one, myself. I might have to skip the optional theme...

Cheryl W. said...

Pretty card! I LOVE your idea of adding a little sparkle to the "hidden" word. I'm going to try that next time.

Jean said...

Wonderful take on this technique!

Darnell said...

You get very high marks for your steganography, Cat! Your thanks is awesome and very well hidden among your bright and vibrant garden!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #9 and for joining in the optional theme!! Thank you, too, for your kind get well comments! I'm doing really well, considering! Hugs, Darnell