Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Merry Monday 231 and NBUS at Darnell s

Hi There!

I love it when I can combine a couple of challenges.  Darnell is having a NBUS challenge, this week and next week and the week after.   This week the NBUS Challenge is to color on Kraft. Check it out at her blog.

Merry Monday is having a prompt that I couldn't resist as I am still crushing on a particular holiday stamp set with the most adorable lil reindeer.

I like the more masculine tone Kraft can give a project...since those man cards are often times difficult for me.

My NBUS is a set of 72 prisma color pencils...not one of those points has seen paper so it was another perfect opportunity to play with some challenges and break them in.


I softly colored the reindeer in shades of brown, grey, and a touch of red.  I added wink of stella to the nose and the stars in the swirls and a tiny drop of black pico embellisher to the eyes to make them pop a bit.  The layer was cut out with a Lawn Fawn die and mounted on a black cad base. All of the stamps came from Simon Says Stamp.

 


Thanks so much for stopping by!

22 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Cat your reindeer card is darling!

JennyH said...

Such a cute card Cat, love the little touches of sparkle : )

Fikreta said...

so pretty!
hugs, Ŧĭƙĭ
≽ܫ≼

Lynn said...

Superb card - I have yet to colour on kraft. Lynn x

Linda said...

Such an adorable little guy. Great coloring. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

ionabunny said...

So cute. That little reindeer looks great on kraft. Hugz

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling reindeer, Cat - well done on getting out the NBUS!

TK said...

Delightful deer! Love those stitched swirls, alongside your wonderful coloring! Congrats on getting out those NBUS pencils!

Greta said...

Oh I do love this sweet card, Cat--beautifully colored with your NBUS pencils--wow--set of 72! I have a cheap set of pencils & a few good ones--hoping I can get something colored for the challenge.

Jean said...

Such a fun card! Love that reindeer!

Jane said...

How cute, a really lovely card x

I Card Everyone said...

You've broken those pencils in, and made a point, too! It's never too late to try something new! Darling little reindeer, indeed, and colored on kraft is cute!
=]

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Super cute! I am jealous of your NBUS pencils, they would be so fun to play with. I hope to get something done for this challenge too!

Darnell said...

Now this just makes me so happy, Cat! Not only because that reindeer baby is just the cutest thing ever and I love your whole design with the swirling stars, but because I inspired you to use your pencils!! Whee!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

lostinpaper said...

Look at you go, Christmas cards already, how wonderful! It was a great choice to colour the reindeer onto kraft, they are a match made in heaven!

Anita in France said...

Fun and so sweet, Cat ... that little reindeer, so beautifully coloured, is just adorable! Hugs, Anita :)

scrappymo! said...

Just dropping by from the NBUS challenge... your card is adorable!

Notes by Nina said...

Adorable! Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday.

Karen L K said...

So cute! Very nice with the swirl underneath the reindeer. I need to get my colored pencils out more and coloring on kraft is something I have been wanting to do.

Verna Angerhofer said...

So cute and adorable.

Misty Elam said...

Hi Cat!! I LOVE your card!! I never did get around to using that adorable reindeer in that month's kit. :( And I'm soooo bummed I didn't see this sooner!! I JUST made a card using colored pencils, kraft card stock and NBUS but I had no idea I was missing the challenge!!!! I just can't freaking believe it!! And I'm a day late... that's the story of my life, I tell ya...

Barb Ghig said...

I'm so glad you finally used your pencils, Cat! Beautiful coloring on this adorable reindeer...I love how the colors pop against the Kraft background! Such a cute card!