Thursday, January 5, 2017

Catching up

Hi Friends, I am back in Maryland after almost a month of traveling to see my Dad in California and the In-Laws in Ohio.  I brought home with me a cold...its been years since I had one...2010 I think.  I have finally passed the hacking up a lung phase and I think it is winding down now on day 6.

I did not take a lot with me to work on crafting wise, but I brought along a set of 50 alcohol markers by Color It...the case sold me I admit.  I had one last amazon gift certificate from 2016 gifts and decided to splurge. I don't like traveling with my copics.  I stamped out several images and colored them up.

 This is a combination of an older Hero Arts sentiment stamp and some Uniko Flowers. I need to work on the placement a bit more but I love the idea and I have other larger sentiments stamps that could be prettied up a bit.


 As soon as I saw Sandy Allnock's cards with these MFT polar bears...well I had to have them. They remind me of the Coca Cola bears...whom I love!


 Okay so these MFT Elves are just adorable..and who says you can't use them year round? This one is going with a non-holiday gift to a girlfriend. The sentiment is fab! Another had to have stamp set.


I am a reader, I love books so this stamp definitely caught my eye.  During 2016 I wanted to read a book each week.  The holidays and our travel schedule threw me off a bit.  I only managed to read 41 books. I am going to give it a go again this year...hope I find some new authors to read.  I love political thrillers, spy novels, sweet romances, and medical thrillers.  I found a few new authors this year that I haven't completely read out.

Are you a reader? Who are your favorite authors?

5 comments:

Jean said...

These are all adorable! I'm amazed by how you travel and craft. I've been reading Lauren Willig, Susanna Kearesley and Karen White lately.

Greta said...

Glad you're home--hope your travels all went well! Wishing you a wonderful 2017 & I do think your travels need to bring you up this way, Cat! Looks like your splurge was worth it--beautiful coloring & darling cards--fun new goodies!

Misty Elam said...

Did you make all those while you were away???? Wow!! They are all so adorable!! Clever using the mini clipboard for a photo prop. I like it!! Oh and welcome home!! =)

Anita in France said...

What a delicious selection of cards, Cat ... that polar bear is especially adorable ... he's such a cutie! Wishing you a fabulous and creative 2017! Hugs, Anita :)

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful coloring with your new markers, Cat...such vibrant colors! I love how you masked the images on the last card, and how you created the ice skating pond for your Polar Bear...so fun! And I agree, they do look like the Coca-Cola Bears :)
41 books? That's terrific!!! I haven't done much reading over the past few years, but I've always loved John Grisham's novels.