Sunday, July 19, 2015

SOS 210 Paper Piecing

I haven't done a lot of paper piecing...probably because I truly do not like fussy cutting.  Today I am in the mindset of trying things I don't often do, so I gave it a shot.



I bought this birthday set -Unforgettable- by WPLUS9, because those elephants were just too adorable.  While it is a birthday set- with a little editing, and you have something else.  My sentiment stamping leaves off the last line ("It's your birthday that's hard to remember") of the stamp.


Supplies:
Versa fine ink - Vintage sepia
Stampin Up Cardstock
Papers from MME, Indie Chick Nutmeg
Dies- SSS stitched circles
Fun foam for mounting
Card Size - 3.5 by 5 inches

Submitting to SOS#210 Paper Piecing Challenge

6 comments:

Greta said...

Love the papers you used & great design! This is just darling, Cat!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, this is just too cute! I love your selective stamping on the sentiment and your elephant is adorable! Good for you for thinking outside the box, Cat!

Becca Cruger said...

Squeeee this is just adorable! My cousin absolutely loves elephants and I've been eyeing up this set. Love the paper piecing!

Donna said...

I am with you on the fussy cutting! My least favourite part of paper piecing, but it looks so awesome when it's done! Thanks for joining the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew this week for our "Paper Piecing" challenge!!

Jean said...

Fun fun! Great job on making the sentiment your own!

Chana Malkah said...

Cute project and very aesthetically pleasing to the eye! Thanks for taking the paper piecing challenge at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT