Thursday, July 30, 2015

Get Well Soon

Today, I made a card for a young man in our neighborhood.  He was assaulted recently and just made it home from the hospital.  He helps hubs out occasionally. We have known him for several years, and he is a good kid, not so much a kid now (20).  So I needed convalescent card and a masculine one as well!

In June I had promised to make him a throw blanket with his favorite NFL team fleece in time for football season. Since I just finished it a week ago, I decided it was a good time to give it to him and maybe cheer him a little -- along with a cute but definitely masculine card to let him know we are thinking of him and wishing him a speedy recovery.

Fortunately two challenges have themes that can easily be maculinized (is that a word?).  I used the theme from Addicted to CAS - Chevron, and the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches-197.

I chose masculine colors and I think it turned out quite well.

                                   

Supplies: MFT Chevrons, scraps color card, Paper Smooches Get Well Soon stamp set, Copics, Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Banner Duo.

10 comments:

Doni High said...

This card will be perfect for the young man in your neighborhood. I also wish him a speedy recovery! I love the colors you used.
Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

Loll said...

How sweet!! I'm sure your neighbor will be thrilled to get the special blanket and get wellcard ... it is sure to cheer him up. Thanks for playing along at ATCAS.

Jean said...

What a wonderful masculine "get well" card!

Kim S said...

How nice of you to make a card for this young man - and to put it together with his favorite team's colors and a blanket! I hope his recovery goes well. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Unknown said...

This card is very sweet and so nice of you to make if for your young neighbor. I hope he has a speedy recovery. Thanks for sharing it with us over at ATCAS!

Greta said...

I'm sure your sweet card & the blanket will make him smile! How awful that he was assaulted--scary times!

Karren said...

Wonderful get well card but what an unfortunate reason to have to make it! I'm glad your neighbor is on the mend. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Leslie Hanna said...

It's perfect. Cards for guys are so tough!

Becca Cruger said...

I'll be keeping him in my good thoughts. So sweet of you to create this pretty card for him. I'm sure he appreciated it very much.

Barb Ghig said...

I could have sworn that I left love for this card...so sorry, Cat! I love your chevrons and how you colored the Rx and Band-aid! Perfect card for a guy!
My belated thanks for playing along with us at ATCAS!