Saturday, October 6, 2018

World Card Making Day 2018 with Friends

Hi There -

Two of my fabulous blog buddies and I created our own challenge for World Card Making Day. We were to create a fall or winter themed card and incorporate a goodie that we had received from a blog friend.  (My friends are overachievers and each created 2 cards woot woot!) 

My card is a little Halloween card, I am not a scary Halloween person, I prefer cute.  I went with some non-traditional colors for this card.  I used a die cut panel from Greta and a Bat from Betty.


There is a lot of ink blending on my panel, some copic shading on my Gerda Steiner Designs Ghost, some heat embossing for the sentiment and a few sequins for a bit of understated bling.  Its all been put on a panel of navy with white dot paper from A Muse.

The friends joining me are Betty from Created by BJK, and Greta from GG Nurse Creations.  Check out their blogs and see what was used from their blogging friends.

Betty made 2 cards.





 Greta made 2 cards


I'm also linking my  blue card up to Simon's World Card Making Day Post.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you got to make some cards in celebration of WCMD.

 /\  /\
(=';'=)
(")_(")~


4 comments:

Misty Elam said...

What a fun idea!! This is so cute!! I'm more cutesy Halloween too, but our decorations, not so much. The entire town comes to our street for Halloween, I think last year we passed out candy to 1,200 kids in a town of less that 7,300... It's crazy but oh so fun!!

Greta said...

So glad you came up with our challenge, my friend! Love your adorable Halloween card--beautiful ink blending! WCMD is special because cardmaking has given me friends like you!

Betty said...

Thanks for thinking up our challenge, Cat - it was such fun and got my creative juices flowing again - your little ghost is so cute and fun - I too love to make the cute Halloween cards!

I Card Everyone said...

Gathering with friends on WCMD is the best... even virtually! LOve your sweet little darling ghost... though I must say he's too cute to spook!
=]