Friday, August 31, 2018

August CCC

Hello~

Another month playing along at the Card Chain Challenge.  As usual there are several options - Color, Sketch, several themes, and a technique.  I'm going with the colors and technique of stencils this month.


My card traveled to Spain, and I hope Marga likes the card.  I was excited to be able to sign up to send her a card as I got a lovely inked one from her last month.

Here is my card:


My Supplies included a TH Stencil Bubble, Distress Inks in Cracked Pistachio and Chipped Sapphire; and Zig markers in Lt. Violet and May Green. The stamps are from Altenew's Amazing You set.  The flower is heat embossed on the panel, and it was also heat embossed and colored on some bristol paper. I cut out the leaves and the bloom and adhered them on top of the image stamped on the card front. The flower is adhered with very thin foam dots for a bit of lift.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

7 comments:

Betty said...

your card turned out so pretty - love the polka dot background - perfect touch - know Marga will love it!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

You got the colors in perfectly! So pretty!

Greta said...

I absolutely love that flower & how you colored it, Cat! Lucky Marga to have this beauty!

Arlene said...

Gorgeous! A little bit of background and a beautiful flower, outrageously elegant too.

Anita in France said...

Delicate and so pretty, Cat ... the dimension against the stencilled background is fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

Barb Ghig said...

Love your stenciled background and perfectly colored bloom, Cat! Marga is very lucky to be the recipient of this beautiful card!

Angelnorth said...

Love the dotty stencilled background with the beautiful bright flower, great use of the challenge colours! I’m having fun looking at all the different takes on the month’s challenge elements!