Friday, August 3, 2018

August Bizarre Day

Hi there:

Another Bizarre Day post. August 3rd is National Watermelon Day here in the US.

I have one watermelon stamp that I was contemplating using, but then I got an email from Gerda Steiner Designs with a free digi.  I have several of her clear stamps and a few digis. I love her sweet images.

It was an adorable bear with a slice of watermelon.  I had to use the image.  If you don't use digital images they are very easy.  Simple down load the file, unzip it if needed (you compute will likely automatically prompt you to do this.)  Then open a word processing page and simply import the photo (.jpg) image.  You'll be able to resize it on your page by positioning your mouse over one corner.

My printer has decided it won't print black anymore.  I've tried cleaning the cartridge and the print heads electronically and manually.  So a new printer is also on its way to me.

I was able to print out my digi image in light gray and I traced it with a copic friendly journaling pen.  I printed on Spectrum Noir paper and let it sit about 10 minutes before coloring.



After coloring the image and adding some grounding and a few seeds, I added wink of stella to the slice along with some nuvo glaze.

I submitting this card to Addicted to CAS- Summertime and Time Out Challenges- Food and Drink.
  no optional twist.


Thanks much for stopping by.

13 comments:

Anita in France said...

So cute, Cat ... super colouring ... and what a fun and delicious bizarre celebration day! Hugs, Anita :)

Betty said...

that little bear is adorable - and like Anita said - fantastic coloring!!

Joyce said...

So very adorable. Perfectly colored, and that watermelon looks so juicy and delicious. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

mycardattic said...

Just adorable Cat and fantastic colouring skills my friend! Thank you so very much for stopping by today, I don't deserve everyone's loyalty, but am humbled and grateful to have it! Have a lovely day my friend! Hazel xx

I Card Everyone said...

It's not fun until somebody spits a few seeds, Cat! We used to have contests when I was a kid - I don't remember winning though, as I was giggling too much!
This guy is an all-around winner!! SO darned cute!
=]

Tracey McNeely said...

Cat your bear eating the watermelon is so so cute! Printers can be most uncooperative!

Bobby said...

I'm with you on the cuteness factor at GS, Cat, and I have this image that I totally forgot about. You've colored him so beautifully and I'm glad you shared him with us at Addicted to CAS.

Helen F. said...

Could this little guy be any cuter eating the slice of watermelon.
PS: I have to study your amazing color skills, Cat ~ Sooo fab!

Greta said...

Oh too cute! Love your coloring, Cat!

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful coloring on the bear and watermelon, Cat! Clever idea to print in gray and trace with your pen...Hope you'll be happy with your new printer when it gets to you :)

wannabcre8tive said...

What a cute and wonderfully colored card. I love the image.

Anita in France said...

I'm back, Cat ... just spotted this cutie in our gallery at Time Out ... thanks so much for playing along with us! Hugs, Anita :)

Gerrina said...

What a fun bear! Great CAs and fits super for the challenge! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!