Sunday, August 12, 2018

A peek at Fall

Hi there~


I have a bit of fall here, the design is a bit of Freshly Made Sketches and Shopping our Stash- Silhouettes.



I am not quite ready for the fall cards, but I love to used the Lawn Fawn leaves in white against a colorful background.  My background was first water colored with distress inks, then a coat of antique linen distress ink was sponged over it to get some more depth to the color.  Lastly a bit of orange and red ink was sponged over parts of the panel.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

11 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Great idea to add a touch of Antique Linen to create depth to your background, Cat! I love the fall colors, especially with those fabulous white leaves...such a beautiful autumn card!

Greta said...

That is one gorgeous background, Cat! The white stitched leaves look so striking!

Anita in France said...

Those fabulous stitched leaves pop so beautifully against your brilliant, deeply saturated background, Cat ... yum! Hugs, Anita :)

Dotty Jo said...

Beautiful! Jo x

Betty said...

this makes me want to get my autumn leaves out and create some fall cards - just wish the weather was more fallish! lovely card, Cat!

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous background Cat, I love the saturation of it!

Helen F. said...

Awesome Fall inspiration here, Cat! Your background is beautiful.

I Card Everyone said...

Well there they are... my very favorite little white leaves! You've created a gorgeous backdrop them, Cat!
=]

Mimi said...

The bright white leaves against your warm background yields such a clean contrast-- marvelous to look at! Thanks for sharing at SOS last week... ummm, if you feel like making another card similar, you should go check out our current challenge at Shopping Our Stash! 😃🍁🍂🍃

Narelle Farrugia said...

Love! This is just awesome and that background is so very striking. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Misty Elam said...

I'm not ready for fall, period. But I did pull out my harvest candle the other day because I love the smell of it so much. This is lovely with the white leaves. And that background is gorgeous!!