Monday, July 23, 2018

Hydrangea

Hello There -

I love hydrangeas, those beautiful full mop headed blooms are so lush and beautiful. 

My inspiration for this card came from my recently completed class at Altenew Academy and the hydrangea bushes in front of our home.

I used distress oxide inks to water color the stamped mondo hydrangea. I used a combination of salty ocean, faded jeans and wilted violet.



Here is a photo of the first blooming of our plants.



Thanks so much for stopping by.

6 comments:

ddc designs said...

This is gorgeous! Cheers, Dotty

Anita in France said...

The variegated colour on this gorgeous hydrangea is wonderful, Cat ... just like the real thing! Hugs, Anita :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Cat your hydrangea is beautiful, one of my favourite garden blooms!

Greta said...

I love your coloring & the matching background--wonderful card, Cat! Your bush is gorgeous! I only got a few blooms this year, so have to be more careful with my pruning.

I Card Everyone said...

I adore your mop heads - alas, I have plants with nary a bloom again this year! Your gorgeous card has gone a long way to making me feel better about it... I DO HAVE that stamp [surprised?]
=]

Jean said...

Just gorgeous! Great color choices. It's one of my favorite times of the year simply because the hydrangea are in bloom!