Friday, February 16, 2018

Heart Twofer

Hi there, I am back to play in another of Darnell's Twofer challenges.



My twofers are using a die that gives an outline and inside heart pieces.  The outline was used as is to outline some inked areas. The inside heart pieces were inked and then made into a dimensional flower with many petals. - Can you see the hearts?  Although I have used the same colors on both cards, the  cards have very different feels to them.



Give this challenge a try it is open until the 24th.  If you don't know about this new challenge, here are some guidelines:

  • Use the monthly PROMPT.
  • Use the EXACT same stamp or die.
  • Make two distinctly DIFFERENT DESIGNS.
  • Make your cards for two DIFFERENT OCCASIONS.
    (Please explain in your post if there is no sentiment on your card front.)
  • Link ONE PHOTO of both cards here AND on any social media.
There are a few more guidelines and a whole page of FAQ's all of which can be gotten to through the link above.

Thanks for stopping by.

14 comments:

Betty said...

what a clever way to use use that die - two wonderful cards, Cat!!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

These are gorgeous Cat! LOVE the two very different designs! Inspirational!Have a wonderful weekend my friend! Love & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Yes, they are very different, but both very nice! I think this was a very clever use of your dies. I haven’t though of an idea for this challenge yet. Have a good weekend!

Marilyn said...

Hi Cat! Love the use of similar colors and the differences of the same die. Wonderful inspirations.

Happy Dance said...

Oh my gosh! How clever to use the hearts' insides as flower petals!! These are really fun cards, and I do so love the colors you've chosen. Two great designs, Cat! Very sweet cards. Thanks so much for joining us at the Twofer Challenge! Bev

Anita in France said...

A gorgeous Twofer, Cat! The first is deliciously fresh, clean and spring-like ... and the second, with that heart-petal bloom is fantastic ... bold framing, deliciously dimensional and so clever! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

Greta said...

You are so creative, Cat! What perfect use of that die! I absolutely love both cards!

Tracey McNeely said...

Cat these cards are so fun! Great use of the same set!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So clever the way you used those hearts to make your pretty heart flower. I love the colors on both too!

Jean said...

Both are stunning!

Darnell said...

Thank you, Cat, my fabulous friend! I am going to hire you as my Marketing Manager, lol!! No, seriously, I so appreciate your enthusiasm and support! And I love your two designs! The colors are gorgeous and I love how you placed them flowing from one hue to another. I'm sure it would be pretty set randomly, too, but I just love the calm warmth I get from the way you did it. And your sweet flower! What a lot of work, but so worth it to create such a thing of beauty against that superb sunset-y background! The black circle draws the eye straight to the blossom. Thank you so much for playing along in Twofer Card Challenge #2!! Hugs, Darnell xxoo

I Card Everyone said...

BEautiful, Cat! Just love the darling bloom your hearts made... great way to use that die, my friend!
=]

Jill V said...

I love your take on the Twofer - the use of hearts to create the flower is simply genius - and both cards are just so beautiful!

anja curvers said...

Really beautiful both are stunning.