Friday, October 20, 2017

Happy Birthday

Hi there!

I miscalculated this summer when making birthday cards, I had one more that I needed.  This is my last made card from California - tomorrow I hop on the plane to return to  Maryland.


The roses are from Altenew, the greeting from Simon Says Stamp and the background script is from Hero arts. I used altenew inks in the yellow tones and PPP sequins in the fall mix.

As far as crafting goes I learned something about my tools on this trip.

I brought along a stamp platform from WRM. That platform is going to be downgraded to envelope stamping use - for my return address and any decorations I might add.  The lid is thicker and doesn't give in to finger tip pressure on photo-polymer stamps.

I have found for me the tonic platform is best for rubber; because, not all photo-polymer stamps are the same thickness and with a sturdier lid there sometimes is a pressing issue for me. 

I also own the mini misti and the original size.  I have been using my mini for envelopes, but after these two months...that mini is going in my travel bin. 

Because I use mostly the clear photo-polymer stamps I so missed my misti's.  Their lids are the perfect thickness to add a little extra pressure and that foam insert makes for a clean stamping.  When I need to replace a stamping platform -- its going to be another misti...I am just not in love with the other options mostly because I prefer clear stamps.  For rubber stamps any of them works well for me.

Thanks for stopping by!


9 comments:

Betty said...

your card is really lovely, Cat - and interesting info on the various stamping platforms.

Lin said...

So many of my favorite things on this one, Cat - beautiful work!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

My favourite stamp set! I LOVE how you have used it! Pinning for inspiration! TFS! Have a great weekend! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Darnell said...

Your birthday card is so lovely, Cat! Thank you for the tips on the various stamping platforms! Have a safe trip back home and a wonderful reunion with Mr. Cat!! Hugs, Darnell

I Card Everyone said...

Always a wonderful treat to see these darling little roses, Cat ... a gorgeous birthday card for some lucky person!!
I LOve my MISTI, too! even for the red rubber!
=]

Anita in France said...

A lovely, bright, happy card, Cat ... those yellow roses are gorgeous! I'm a MISTI fan too ... wouldn't want to stamp without it now! Hope you had a bon retour! Hugs, Anita :)

Greta said...

Hope you had a pleasant flight home with no mishaps, Cat. I don't know how you travel so much--I just don't enjoy it anymore. Wish everyone would come here, but that's not going to happen--haha! I do love those roses & you've made a gorgeous BD card using the script background & the variety of sequins! I haven't used my Tonic platform enough yet, but I do love my Mini MISTI. If I had the big one I probably wouldn't have even looked at the Tonic.

Misty Elam said...

This is gorgeous Cat. I love the light script image in the background. You make such beautiful cards!!

lauren bergold said...

oh that's lovely! i love those flowers, especially! and what a great use of sequins! (interesting info about stamp platforms, too! thanks)