Sunday, July 23, 2017

Black and Gold Scramble

Hi there, seems like its been forever since I posted...but only 4 days. They have been busy days though.

This morning I was able to play in a 24 Hour Hero Arts scramble over at the Hero Arts Flickr group.  The hostess gives us a theme and we have to produce our card, photograph it and up load it to the discussion thread.  We can work on our card anytime during the 24 hour period but may only use a total of 90 minutes from start to finish.

Today's theme was to use black and gold (neutrals like white and cream were okay as well) to make a card.

I chose Hero Arts Leafy Vine for my card. I love the lines of the sway of the vine - its so graceful and I thought it would be lovely in gold.  The photography was with me this time and the card shimmered and photographed well.  No sentiment nor additional bling needed to clutter up the front.



Thanks so much for stopping by!

8 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I love this! The gold leafy vines look great on black. I want to CASE this as I have this stamp and it is one of my favs!

Greta said...

A stunner, Cat! I haven't used that stamp in ages & it's such a classic beauty! Thanks for the inspiration, my friend!

Anita in France said...

Elegant, glimmery and gorgeous, Cat ... there's such a wonderful drama about it! Hugs, Anita :)

Darnell said...

What a fun idea! I'll have to check that out! Your card should be in a locked case at the jewelry store, Cat! It's the most elegant, richest card I've seen!! Hugs, Darnell

I Card Everyone said...

The bling comes naturally to this gorgeous number in gold! Cat, I think you nailed that challenge!
=]

Jean said...

Absolutely stunning - so rich and elegant!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Oh WOW Cat! What a stunning design! I have this stamp and have never made anything quite this spectacular with it!! Thank you for your visit to my blog today and your very kind comments! Have a lovely evening! Love & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Barb Ghig said...

Way to go with your choice for this card, Cat! The Leafy Vines stamp never gets old for me and I love that you stamped it with gold EP! It really looks amazing on black, too!