Tuesday, January 24, 2017

HLS January Challenges

Here goes a bit of reaching, I know.   I have one card that I am entering to all four of the HLS January challenges.  HLS Watercolor challenge - Optional Twist Stencil, HLS Mixed Media Challenge - Layers, HLS Anything Goes with Dies, and HLS January CAS Challenge - Stencil.   I think it is possible to put them all together.


The Altenew flower is colored with watercolors by way of the Zig Clean Color Real Brush pens.
The background is lightly stenciled using Tim Holtz' Burlap stencil and some antinque linnen distress ink.
My sentiment is the handwritten hello die cut from WPlus9 and it is layered on the focal panel which is then layered on the card base.

It's my first time playing in most of these challenges, I love that there are several weeks for you to get your project done.  A week or 5 days just seems to fly by before I get to a challenge these days.

   


Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

sandie said...

Wow amazing to get all these challenges into one card and I think you did an excellent job. I love the soft stencil background in this colour, it helps the flower shine. Thanks for joining HLS

Lin said...

A lovely design, Cat!

Betty said...

just lovely Cat - and i'm the same way with challenges these day - time goes by too quickly

Misty Elam said...

Beautiful work, Cat. I really like the soft background

Greta said...

You nailed them all, my friend! Beautiful flower & love that hello font!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

The flower is beautiful and I really love your stenciled background. The texture if fun and the yellow is so cheery!

Melissa L. said...

This is lovely, Cat. Great combination of all the challenges, beautiful flower and great stenciling. Thanks for playing along at HLS WC and MM challenges.

I Card Everyone said...

Really lovely, Cat! You have such a way with shadow and light!
By the way, I wanted to thank you personally for helping TK with posting a second card to a challenge from a blog post - which she shared with little ol' me yesterday!!!! You are genius, girlfriend! xx
=]

Anita in France said...

So very pretty, Cat ... your colouring is gorgeous ... and I love that ombre die cut sentiment! Hugs, Anita :)

Martha said...

HELLO, Cat! I love the pretty colors, flower image, stenciled background, and lovely sentiment. Beautifully done!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my gosh, this is GORGEOUS, Cat! I love how you colored this beautiful bloom with your Zigs, and I'm so impressed that you combined all these challenges! Kylie will be, too :)

The Sparkly Fairy said...

This is beautiful. Thank you so much for joining us at HLS Anything Goes With A Die.

Emma - DT Member

Michelle said...

Lovely! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge!

Linda said...

WOW! This is gorgeous. Beautifully coloured and fits the challenges perfectly. Thanks for playing along with the HLS challenges xx

Susan Renshaw said...

Very pretty!
Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
Susan
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Helen Gullett said...

What a beautiful and lovely CAS! Thanks for playing along with HLS Jan Anything Goes With Dies