Monday, January 23, 2017

An Idea

The first few paragraphs are how my idea came to be. If you just want to cut to the chase scroll down to the italicized text.

One of the crafty ladies, Peggy, who has become a really good friend in the past six months or so surprised and delighted me today.  She sent me this card in the mail. My breath caught when I opened it. I loved it so much...its got my favorite color and one of my favorite stamps.


She decided she wanted to get back to coloring and she wanted to try some flowers, so I offered to bring mine over.  Most of her stamps were critters and holiday related.  So we spent several hours stamping out my stamps on her papers - water color, bristol, and copic friendly.


You guessed it this is one of the pieces we stamped out that day, and I am thrilled she sent it to me after coloring it so beautifully.

That's the funny thing about what we each buy...we buy what we like...but I am betting we most often send it off to others, we get our pleasure from making and working with the stamps.

Here is my idea:

Send me a stamped piece or your favorite die cuts cut out, and I'll send you back a card with your favorites on it.  I will also send you a favorite of mine for you to play with and return to me.  

Now I know not everyone likes the same techniques...some love stamping solid images, some love coloring, some love die cuts, some love paper piecing.  If you have a preference for what I send you technique wise...tell me.  I am happy with it all.

If you want in on this let me know anytime by sending an email to catluvspaper at gmail dot com.  I'll be in touch and we'll do a swap!

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Betty said...

would love to do a swap with Cat - that stamp is a fave of mine too!

Tracey McNeely said...

Your friend sent you a beautifully coloured card Cat and your idea is beautiful. When life slows down a bit you might be hearing from me!

Greta said...

That's such a great idea, Cat! Wish we were close enough to share stuff--could really stretch our dollars! You've already sent me lots of stuff, but you bet I'm up for your swap! So neat that your friend sent this beautiful card back to you to enjoy--obviously aware of your love of yellow!

Anita in France said...

Such a beautiful card your friend sent you, Cat ... her colouring is fantastic! What a fun idea ... might not get to it straight away, but it would be great to do when time allows! Hugs, Anita :)

Barb Ghig said...

This is such a lovely idea, Cat! When time allows, I'll be in touch! Thank you so much for inspiring us :)