Sunday, December 4, 2016

Penny Black Saturday Challenge

Hi There I took a wee break from the Christmas cards...still have several to make.  I let hubs go through my bin and pick out the ones he wanted send out...and somehow his list got bigger and my stash got smaller! So I still have more than a dozen to make. 

The Penny Black Saturday Challenge for December is Winter or Christmas Card.

I was looking at a wintery/holiday stamp set from Penny Black called Seasons Wishes. There are several Christmas sentiments and also the wintery one I am using tonight.  This card will be mailed to hubs while I am in California with my Dad for Christmas and he is with his folks. 


This card took a bit of effort.  The bird and branch stamps were both colored with markers and stamped several times onto a card panel. (The misti is so useful for this technique.) Then they were stamped with versamark and clear heat embossed. The sentiment was stamped with onyx black in and clear heat embossed as well.  Once the embossing was cooled, I loaded a Clarity brush with some Hero Arts Cornflower ink and I added the blue to the card.  I wanted a hint of sky without coloring the entire card panel. Lastly, I die cut the panel with a wonky stitched rectangular die.

I think hubs will love the card!

Thanks so much for stopping by.

10 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

A very sweet card and the brushed on sky is soft and perfect looking. Nice card!

Betty said...

what a fantastic card Cat - i just love clear embossing black inked sentiments - give such a classy look - i bet your card is really pretty IRL.

Greta said...

Wonderful sentiment & beautiful soft background, Cat--love that you just did a hint of the blue! One day I may break down & get those brushes. Happy Holidays!

Greta said...

& thank you for joining us at PBSC!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous CAS card, Cat! I love your bold sentiment with the pop of red from the bird, and your soft blue ink blending in the background is so pretty!

I Card Everyone said...

Gorgeous!!! a clarity who? You have so many wonderful tricks up your sleeve, Cat!!!
=]

Jean said...

Absolute perfection! I need a clarity brush!

Anita in France said...

Simply lovely, Cat ... the soft halo of colour is fabulous behind that bright red cardinal! Hugs, Anita :)

Anke said...

Wonderful card, so lovely.

Sue from Oregon said...

This is a lovely card..I will definitely have to give that technique a try! Love that your husband shops your stash!!!
Thanks for sharing you wonderful inspiration with us for our December Penny Black Saturday Challenge ! I hope you will join in our Anything Goes January Challenge too.

♥ Sue Kment