Saturday, February 6, 2016

Santa


I've been in a funk. First I took a class which was fabulously taught.  I learned that my watercolor skills are in need of not just practice, but some intense therapy.  It was so frustrating for me.  I am not giving up, I am giving it some time to percolate before I try yet again.   Then I needed to hop on the Valentine train, they need to be mailed Monday.  I made a few designs and made multiples, they'll be posted on Valentine's day.  I had a crafty day Tuesday with my regular ladies group and I did quite a bit of coloring, but those images are not card ready (no design mojo).

I hoped a challenge would help with the mojo.

On to Merry Monday #190 - Santa.  I have 2 Santa Images, this one was closest at hand and had a mask in the storage sleeve (yea!).   I did some masking, and copic coloring added some snowflake sequins because it was too bare without them. Then I added glitter tape, and some embossed dots since my ink blending took smudged the bottom of the card.   Baby steps...on the mojo thing.







What do you do when all mojo deserts you?

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Colleen said...


Cat, this is a cute Santa and lovely design. I Ike the snowy background! Thank you for playing along at Merry Monday!

Betty said...

your santa is so cute - and love the pinkish snowflakes - my mojo doesn't take a holiday very often, but when it's gone i just grab some of favorite flower stamps and just color them with my Zigs - lately it's been the coloring cards of Bold Blossoms that PTI recently published - love them.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

What a cutie! I love all those added snowflakes too!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Deanne :)

Barb Ghig said...

It's hard to tell from this end that you're having a problem with your mojo...your cards are always fabulous to me, Cat! I love this smiling Santa, and how you placed the circle of polka dots behind him...simply perfect, my friend!
I hear ya when it comes to the recent Watercolor Class...it was way over my head, and I got tired of throwing away expensive watercolor c/s, and set it aside for now. When my mojo is low, I stop creating, and just peruse my favorite blogs (like yours)...pretty soon, an idea comes to me, and I start again. I also stamp images and color with different mediums when this happens...it helps me a lot :)

Greta said...

This is so cute, Cat, & love your design! I've had Mojo trouble lately, too, so usually I start out to CASE something I like & it gets my brain going.