Monday, September 14, 2015

Guy Get Well

Man cards...so tough sometimes.  I needed a get well/feel better card  quickly to mail out.  I really need to make a little stock pile of these cards that are gender neutral I think!

My fall back for guy cards is nature, mechanical images, and blues, greens, and browns...funny these are some of hubs' preferences...well all actually.




I stamped and embossed the tree, did some swishy watercoloring for the sky and ground. Then, some very pigmented watercoloring for the tree.  A stamped sentiment added once all was dry and a non girly shape applied via die cutting.  All matted on a heavy card base, so it appears framed.  I think it will be well received and hopefully the recipient will be well on his way to recovery once it arrives.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stamp - Stampendous
Watercolors - Zig Markers
Ink - Versafine
Die - Simon Says Stamp  (NBUS)

I am entering this to Darnell's NBUS Challenge.  My bin of Never Been Used Schtuff is dwindling...

4 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Yes, guy cards are tough, but this is lovely.

My challenge is: what if the guy isn't outdoorsy, or isn't into sports, or isn't mechanically inclined? What's left?! Typical guy images are hunting, camping, golf, tools, etc. We need to work on this.

Greta said...

Perfect get well card & gender neutral! I tend to use tree images for guys, too. Your watercoloring is really lovely, Cat & I see you splurged on the Zig markers--I'm jealous!

Barb Ghig said...

You create the BEST 'man cards', Cat! I really love this one, too...Beautiful water coloring, and I really love the tree! Clean, simple and absolutely perfect!

lauren bergold said...

oof, yes, it's a FACT: guy cards are harder than girl ones. and OF COURSE it'd be super-smart to stockpile them. alas, i never seem to do that. but this one is amazing... maybe i can make a version???? hmmmm...